Senior Frontend Engineer - AI/IoT
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Frontend Engineer - AI/IoT
Cognosos leads the market in delivering real-time asset location and tracking intelligence. Our lightweight platform deploys quickly both indoors and outdoors, delivering an unparalleled combination of price and performance that is now tracking over 100,000 assets across industries from automotive to logistics to healthcare. Join our team as we accelerate in our current markets and launch into new ones--you’ll have the chance to make your mark working for a fast-growing start-up in the IoT and AI/ML space.
Here at Cognosos, we believe in using the best tools for the job. Our technology stack is built in Java, Groovy/Grails, Python, Golang, Typescript, and React/Redux using MySQL, ElasticSearch, Sagemaker, API Gateway, Kinesis, SNS, and Cognito, and deployed on AWS using Kubernetes, Lambda, EC2, IAM, S3, CloudFront, and CloudWatch.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer - Frontend who will be responsible for designing and building the customer-facing web portal and field service team management portal for our highly scalable and robust IOT platform. In addition to hands-on development, you will help define the platform architecture, DevOps tools and processes, and shape the engineering culture. You will assist in the ongoing improvement of continuous integration tools, environment provisioning and development workflows.Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the product, engineering, and field service teams to design, build, and deploy updates to the Cognosos Platform web portal to support new markets, uses, and features.
- Help the development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging and production environments.
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management and release management qualifications.
- Work with your peers across groups to adopt and adapt engineering best practices to our team, product, technology, and culture.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative, inclusive, and professional engineering culture.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience building highly scalable and performant single-page apps in Typescript using React, Redux
- Experience with complex forms and form validation
- Solid understanding of UI/UX principles
- Experience with source code management tools, preferably Git
- Experience maintaining Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, CodePipeline, TeamCity or Bamboo
- Self-directed and ready to collaborate with peers in software, hardware, support, product, and sales in a fast-paced culture
- Strong understanding and experience operating in an agile development environment
- Experience with Webpack and Babel
- Experience testing apps using Cypress or similar
- Experience designing web and mobile application UX
- Experience with UI/UX wireframe/mockup tools (Figma, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, etc)
- Experience with public cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with full-stack development
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k)
- Opportunity for equity participation
- Free Parking in a prime Midtown location
- Flexible hours/work from home
- Regular team outings
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Reports to: VP Engineering
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Cognosos
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?