VA Account Manager
Cognitive Medical Systems
Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The VA Account Manager position will lead Cognitive Medical Systems’ continuing success in expanding its business base within the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The successful candidate will manage the sales and business development process for multiple strategic new business opportunities within the agency and its subagencies.
- Identifies qualifying agency funded programs of significant strategic or financial value, with special focus on healthcare IT and leads them through the sales process to meet personal sales quota.
- Interfaces with the Sales team, internal and external stakeholders (prime or subcontractors, business group units), and potential and current government (VA) clients.
- Works closely with Sales team, line of business directors, and others to identify Sales opportunities and ensure effective, efficient, and integrated implementation of Sales strategies.
- Prepares Bid/No-Bid forms for each sales opportunity and creates/updates strategic account plans for the entire VA account.
- Support proposal efforts to include solutioning and writing the proposal in conjunction with proposal managers, clinical subject matter experts, technical experts, etc.
- Attends conferences and other external meetings to explore Sales opportunities.
- Supports continual Sales process improvement.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation; tracks, monitors, and reports data in sales automation/tracking systems.
- Conducts competitive assessments on specific opportunities and makes recommendations on teaming partners and teaming agreements as appropriate for specific opportunities
- Stays abreast of Cognitive technical offerings, successes, and breakthroughs.
- Works closely with Cognitive executives, providing them with the necessary data and insight to properly integrate and manage the Sales function into their respective strategies, operating plans and budgets.
- Establishes practices and procedures to ensure the highest level of professional standards in conducting “value added” business activities and for building long lasting relationships with company employees, clients and business partners.
- 8-10 years sales and proposal solution development for VA, specifically for the T4NG contract vehicle
- Domain experience with healthcare IT and related programs.
- Ability to identify leads and directly market Cognitive to both mid and senior level government personnel
- Prior exposure to the entire Capture and Proposal Management Cycle
- Experience with customer focused marketing
- Demonstrably strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a team environment working with senior management.
- Knowledge of VA acquisition/procurement processes.
- Strong knowledge of VA organizational structure, leadership, challenges and roadmap, to include future funding
- Familiarity with industry competitors.
- Familiarity with information technology/market trends in Health IT/DevSecOps/Cloud/ Data & AI/Cyber Security/Human Centered Design.
Cognitive Medical Systems
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Cognitive Medical Systems
Get fresh Senior Account Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.