Project Financial Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Financial Analyst
The Cognitive Project Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting one or more project teams by providing comprehensive financial support and implementation of project management controls. Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, reporting & analysis, business process improvement, and month-end project settlement activities. This highly visible position requires regular interaction with internal and external customers as well as interactions with senior-level staff members.
The Project Financial Analyst serves as a partner to the project manager and financial team by providing financial leadership and transparency in support of driving a project performance-based culture. The Project Controller oversees activities of assigned Project / Billing Analysts if the project size and complexity require such support.
- Responsible for controlling project financial performance, maintaining budgets and forecasts in the ERP system, performing effective financial analysis, and providing key financial reports to all members of the project team in a timely manner.
- Manage revenue recognition, support Customer change management in financial terms, validate profitability control in alignment with thresholds defined by the Cognitive Project Sponsor.
- Review and approve, according to Customer purchase orders, project invoice requests submitted by Project Management.
- Schedule and lead the activities to produce an integrated project forecast, Estimate at Completion (EAC) report, evaluating the accuracy of the project forecast by assessing actual cost, physical project progress and underling potential risk/problem areas against the project baseline forecast. Present the EAC to Cognitive Management if, including total revenues and costs, project margins, invoicing, payments, cash flow, risks, opportunities, and contingencies.
- Prepare and present a project forecast and spend report to the Customer, including (but not limited to) total revenues, invoicing, payments, risks, opportunities, and contingencies.
- Ensure high integrity and transparency in performance reporting and data management.
- Prepare project pricing calculations and documentation.
- Establish and maintain project budgets and overall cost control.
- Develop and maintain project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) including revenue and billing formulas.
- Monitor and maintain contract funding and modification reconciliation.
- Review and approve all major project expenditures.
- Drive project profitability and other performance metrics.
- Ensure timely and accurate project billings [Cost Plus, T&M, and FFP].
- Responsible for invoice tracking, reconciliation, and minimizes project unbilled balances.
- Monitor and work to maximize project cash flow.
- Prepare risk and opportunity assessments; develop and execute a plan to mitigate risks.
- Prepare ad hoc project reporting and analysis as required.
- Prepare detailed monthly project rolling forecasts.
- Participate in monthly project review meetings.
- Assist with contract close-out and incurred cost submissions.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Ensure project accounting is compliant with Cognitive and Government accounting standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate activities with support teams including Corporate Accounting, IT, HR, and Contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- 7 years of experience relating to Program Controls, Project Controlling [cost-schedule-performance], Financial Analysis, and Pricing in the Government / Defense industry for various contract types and complexity.
- Experience in developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize work and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form.
- Advanced MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex models.
- Good understanding of Government contracts, FAR, and CAS.
- Working knowledge of project accounting and GAAP principles.
- Experience with Unanet.
- Strong project management skills (PMI certification or equivalent a plus).
Cognitive Medical Systems
AddressEau Claire, WI
TechnologyView all jobs at Cognitive Medical Systems
Get fresh Finance Project Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.