Database Administrator (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Team CivitasDX is seeking a Database Administrator to fill a technical software development role on the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
Required Skills :
- AngularJS – 14.x
- Bootstrap 4.x – 5.x
- DB work with Oracle, MSSQL Server, Stored Procedures
- Karma, Jamine (E2E testing)
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of database implementations.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Develops, implements, and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
- Incumbent in this job works closely with Systems Admins, database engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Contributes to completion of specific VA programs, products, and projects.
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience, – OR –
- Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and very good interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
Cognitive Medical Systems
TechnologyView all jobs at Cognitive Medical Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?