Reporting Business Analyst Senior
- Posted: over a month ago
Education is ever-evolving. And so are we.
We seek passionate people from diverse backgrounds who are committed to helping improve the work of schools as a trusted partner in advancing learning. By joining the Cognia team, you will be immersed in a community of energetic and resourceful people dedicated to a common vision to impact and inspire education providers to advance and enable pathways of success for all learners. At Cognia we have developed a holistic approach to education that empowers schools to create real outcomes and optimize learning for students of all backgrounds, servicing more than 36,000 institutions, 5 million teachers, and 25 million students in 85 countries. When you join Cognia, you join a team of experts passionate about our mission and embracing our core values in everything we do.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Reporting Business Analyst – Senior under limited supervision is responsible for documentation of data management, data analysis, and reporting for student and test level assessment information. The Reporting Business Analyst – Senior will partner with Program Managers, clients, and technology stakeholders to document requirements and create file layouts for their data and reporting needs. This position will work closely with the Principal Reporting Business analyst to document new processes and systems to support Reporting standards.
- Document and articulate the data and reporting requirements for all assigned programs and products and how they will be met.
- Monitor current processes, identify opportunities for improvement, design, and document improvements.
- Work with other Reporting Services team members to document data systems aligned with accepted measurement practices and data analyses standards.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop data flow and reporting plans including requirements, tasks, and milestones.
- Serve as an advocate for Reporting Services capabilities when working with other functional groups and help drive towards a cost effective, efficient, solution that aligns with what the client is trying to achieve.
- Think critically as new challenges arise, generate solutions, review with leaders as necessary, and define the specifications that will allow others to implement the solution.
- Interact with external clients and other Reporting Services team members to document requirements for reporting deliverables.
- Employ good time management skills to ensure timeliness of deliverables and meeting schedule milestones.
- Collaborate with client divisions to ensure deliverables and deadlines are understood and met.
- Provide input into systems, procedures, and quality assurance policies for the Reporting team.
- Participate in meetings with external clients as required by contracts.
- Perform duties and fulfill responsibilities that may, from time to time, include related or unrelated tasks.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in business analysis support of a technical team, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience with SAS, SQL, or some similar scripting language is a plus
- Experience with SharePoint a plus
- Experience in educational measurement would be a plus
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Experience with Data Warehouses is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Time Management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to interact successfully with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
Anticipated Travel (may include local, national, and/or international travel):
- Limited travel (0-10%)
At Cognia, we recognize the critical role played by our teams in carrying out the organization’s important educational mission. As a reflection of that recognition our exceptional benefits offerings include generous paid time off and holiday breaks, comprehensive insurance plans, and a 12.5% retirement savings contribution which is immediately vested, all effective on your date of hire. This represents an affirmative commitment by the organization to attract and retain the highest quality workforce – to ensure our continued ability to effectively serve our mission for years to come.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Cognia is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
BusinessView all jobs at Cognia, Inc.