- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Greetings for the day!
My name is Raman and I'm a recruiter with Cogent InfoTech Corporation. I am sharing a job description of the new opportunity. If you would like to apply for the following and your skill set matches the requirement, please revert with your updated copy of your resume as soon as possible.
Title: Legal Assistant
Location: Houston TX 77057
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: 28$-30$/hr
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support services as required for the Office of General Counsel. Works with highly confidential and specialized information and is required to maintain the confidentiality of that information. Specific duties are as follows.
- Handles all specialized, confidential, or legal files in accordance with file management procedures and files all papers and documents, as applicable.
- Composes correspondence, routine documents, PowerPoint presentations and memos as required.
- Prepares records such as resolutions for meetings with the Board of Commissioners, Directors or other staff members.
- Coordinates and drafts monthly reports to the Executive Director.
- Schedules and arranges appointments and conferences.
- Makes arrangements for meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment and other needed materials.
- Makes appointments and reservations when needed. Makes travel arrangements for General Counsel including registration and plane and hotel reservations.
- Performs work of a confidential nature and relieves supervisor of numerous administrative details such as check requests, paid time off requests, travel advance requests, authorization to travel requests, timesheets and ISM work orders, etc.
- Greets visitors and screens persons who come to visit the office of the General Counsel.
- Requisitions, disburses and stores office supplies and equipment for the immediate supervisor and for department.
- Opens, stamps, sorts and routes daily mail and faxes and files incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Drafts and types outgoing correspondence including inter-office memos.
- Answers phones on all rollover lines.
- Provides miscellaneous duties such as photocopying and transmitting faxes
- Conducts Microsoft Word and Excel Training to PHO Managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Two years in accredited college or university and a minimum of five years of experience in a business office with at least two of those years in a legal office environment performing the tasks listed below, is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of law office practices and procedures, business English and basic arithmetic and legal proceedings.
- Some knowledge of standard bookkeeping principles, practices, and techniques.
- Good knowledge or ability to learn HUD and Authority policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to coordinate multiple task requests to achieve organized, prioritized, accurate and complete projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
- Skill with IBM computer equipment or compatible using Microsoft Office Products.
- Skills in operating general office machines and computers.
- Ability to communicate with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those individuals and with other employees.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Eligibility for coverage under Authority fleet auto insurance.
Cogent Infotech Corporation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or another legally protected status.
For more information about Cogent, visit www.cogentinfo.com
Cogent Infotech CorporationWhy Work Here?
COGENT Infotech Corporation has 15+ Years of rich industry experience providing Innovative Solutions to customers in over 35 states. COGENT
LegalView all jobs at Cogent Infotech Corporation