Required Skills :
Core Java, J2EE, Restful API, microservices, spring-boot
Basic Qualifications :
We would like candidates that are mid-senior level
Additional Skills :
Cassandra experience and Kafka preferred
Back End Java Developer Overview
In the Retail Services group you will work as part of a small team to design, build, and field some of the world's highest-volume retail systems.
We are integrating applications that blur the lines between online, mobile,and in-store experiences Our teams are agile and cloud-native. We contribute to open source software, and to our community! We learn from each other every day. We have a startup culture and are looking to grow our team with software engineers who take pride in their craft and are ready to grow in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 6 month contract to hire
Pay: Negotiable based on experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the design, implementation, and testing of distributed systems in an agile environment
• Complete research activities for new features and enhancements
• Contribute to design and code reviews
• Help to monitor and improve production systems
• Engage in our engineering culture to consistently deliver value to our customers and business
- 4-6 years of core java development
- Experience with Spring framework preferably spring boot
- Familiarity with Cassandra
- Familiarity with Kafka
- 4 years of experience developing web services or distributed, messaging and event-based systems
- 3 years of experience in agile delivery, especially Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban as well as DevOps.
- Demonstrated success in distributed systems, especially REST based services
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance and the desire to solve big problems
- Strong knowledge of software development theory and practice
- A product development agile mindset
- Experience with container technologies like Docker
- Strong knowledge of security standards, practices, and architecture
Cogent Infotech Corporation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or another legally protected status.
For more information about Cogent, visit www.cogentinfo.com