Customer Service Representative
Cogent Infotech Corporation Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hope you are doing great!
My name is Yogesh Kumar and I work on the talent acquisition team here at Cogent Infotech Corporation. I just saw your profile on Dice/Monster/CareerBuilder and I am very impressed with your skills and experience. We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our amazing team, and I think you would be a great fit. We are currently working on cool projects and I thought you would find that interesting.
If this is something that interests you, please reach back to me. If so, I’d be happy to set up a call. I’m also happy to coordinate via email or LinkedIn, if you prefer. I have also added some of the job description below for your reference.
Title: Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Location: Houston, TX (Remote)
Duration: Temp to Hire
Responsible for providing high quality customer service in the Call Center by receiving incoming calls, answering questions, solving problems, and providing program information to clients. Reports to the Call Center Manager.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
· Answer a high volume of inbound calls from applicants, voucher program participants, Public Housing residents, and any other callers that are directed to the call center.
· Provide a high level of customer service by interacting with callers in a professional and courteous manner.
· Document calls and inquiry resolution by entering accurate and detailed notes into the electronic system of record according to the Call Center Manager's guidelines.
· Use the electronic system of record to research client inquiries.
· Resolve calls upon first contact with the client.
· Communicate with other Houston Housing Authority employees via email to follow-up on client requests, or to relay any issues outside of the scope answerable by the Customer Service Representative position.
· Maintain client confidentiality.
· Perform a variety of clerical duties pertinent to Houston Housing Authority operations.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Make outgoing calls when needed to Houston Housing Authority participants and landlords.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
· Knowledge of general office procedures, business English.
· Knowledge of Houston Housing Authority policies, procedures and practices pertaining to Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs.
· Skilled in operating general office machines.
· Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
· Ability to:
o Understand and follow moderately complex written and oral instructions.
o Communicate and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and residents.
o Adapt quickly to change.
o Use sound judgment.
o Tolerate some degree of stress.
o Work well in a team setting.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
· Possess listening, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Attention to detail.
Complexity / Scope Of Work
· The employee performs a variety of related tasks which are mostly routine in nature.
· Occasionally, the employee is required to exercise personal judgment in making decisions in accomplishing assignments.
· Non-routine situations are usually referred to the supervisor for resolution.
· The employee's work primarily affects the level of customer service that the Houston Housing Authority is able to provide its clients and the efficiency of the Houston Housing Authority's administration.
· A good job performance by the employee enhances the Houston Housing Authority's ability to provide housing and assistance to Houston Housing Authority residents.
· The Customer Service Representative generally follows supervisory training and the cali center manual in accomplishing assignments.
· Methods for accomplishing routine work are subject to existing HUD regulations and Houston Housing Author "ity policies, practices and procedures.
· When unusual situations arise, the employee may request guidance from the supervisor.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Two (2) years of college-level education preferred.
· Two (2) years of experience in a high volume call center environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (one year of relevant experience is equivalent to one year of relevant higher education and vice versa).
· Bilingual (Spanish or Vietnamese) preferred.
Cogent Infotech Corporation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or another legally protected status.
For more information about Cogent, visit www.cogentinfo.com
Cogent Infotech CorporationWhy Work Here?
COGENT Infotech Corporation has 15+ Years of rich industry experience providing Innovative Solutions to customers in over 35 states. COGENT
Cogent Infotech Corporation celebrates over 18 years of innovation and welcomes motivated people to support our constantly growing operations and maintain best in class solutions in a work hard/play hard environment. Be a part of a team that values your ideas and gives you the tools and resources to implement your best innovations and concepts! Cogent is a place that values diversity & offers a generous benefits package including paid-time off, health and dental benefits, 401(k), sick leave, life insurance, plus other perks throughout the year to support our work hard/play hard environment. Cogent Infotech Corporation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or another legally protected status. For more information about Cogent, visit www.cogentinfo.com
BusinessView all jobs at Cogent Infotech Corporation