911 System Consultant
- $44 to $45 Hourly
The resource(s) covered under this SO will support the:
PPD 911 mission critical systems, which include CAD system, 911 call handling system, radio system and
call logging system at PPSB, 6100 Rising Sun and City Hall.
Position overview / Statement of Work
PPD 911 Systems Consultant is a technical position supporting the City's 9-1-1 systems and contribute to the
continuity of 9-1-1 computer services by providing day-to-day technical support and vendor management.
The position is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the various computer services and
platforms supporting PPD's 9-1-1 center's daily operations.
• Stay abreast of the latest developments in 9-1-1 technology; participate in regional and state meetings
and provide input to the City's 9-1-1 technology roadmap
• Confer with PPD stakeholders to determine computing and information management needs and
requirements and in collaboration with executive management, set priorities and direction for 9-1-1
• Working with system vendors, develop plans and proposals to analyze and upgrade the existing systems;
determine computing policies and procedures; direct installation and validation of new or revised software
and hardware; confer with designated technical specialists to insure provision of support to the department;
• Participate in RFP, RFI, proposal and contract reviews and vendor selection; manage vendors and
ensure SLA compliance; approve deliverables and invoicing
• Direct the maintenance of and enhancements to 9-1-1 systems by managing vendors and providing
oversight to all testing and deployment activities
• Work with department management to identify and define problems, issues and opportunities to improve
efficiency and effectiveness through IT initiatives; work with internal IT resources, stakeholders and vendors
to ensure new initiatives are planned, launched and executed correctly.
• Forecast 9-1-1 infrastructure and equipment related costs and IT personnel needs for ongoing operational
support as well as technology projects and programs related to all 9-1-1 operations
• Help ensure delivery of computer services to the 9-1-1 area within allocated cost and schedule and within
Skills/experience of the assigned staff:
• Minimum 8+ years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least five years of managing
increasingly complex systems in a technical environment. Able to work effectively and efficiently toward
goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands. Passion for client
satisfaction. Understanding of Computer Aided Dispatching and other 911 related technologies
Office of Innovation & Technology
IT Staff Augmentation Service Order
Page 2 of 5
• Deep knowledge of principles, practices and theories in technology.
• Broad-based knowledge of IT solution lifecycles and environments
Software development lifecycle
• Networking and Security
• Technology and Application Architecture
• Computerized system validation (CSV) strategies and standards
• Disaster Recovery and Continuity of operations
• Operating System Management
• Database Technology
COGENT Infotech Corporation has 15+ Years of rich industry experience providing Innovative Solutions to customers in over 35 states.
Cogent Infotech is a global, award-winning IT consulting firm headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA., USA. Since 2003, the CMMI level 3 and ISO-certified organization has served 120+ government agencies, 65+ Fortune 500s, and global system integrators. We revolutionized digital transformation through app dev, cloud, security and data services, workforce solutions, and L&D. Cogent's culture is rooted in diversity, inclusion, and sustainability, reflected through 13 best workplace awards in 2022, including Best Company for Women, Diversity, and Culture.
Cogent Infotech CorporationPhiladelphia, PA
TechnologyView All Cogent Infotech Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.