Structural Engineering Department Manager
Coffman Engineers, Inc. Honolulu, HI
- Posted: 23 days ago
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 17 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as commissioning professionals. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
The right team is more than an advantage, it’s a game changer! Come work with a team of professionals dedicated to excellence at Coffman Engineers’ Honolulu office.
We are looking for a Structural Engineering Department Manager with at least 15 years of experience, who has the ability to lead and grow a team of structural engineers. The successful individual will be a structural engineer with at least fifteen years of experience in the design of steel, concrete, wood and masonry commercial/institutional buildings.
In This Role You Will:
- Do structural analysis, design, and detailing on a variety of commercial & industrial projects
- Collaborate with the architect, owner, and contractor to provide a well-coordinated and high-quality set of structural drawings
- Work closely with and lead designers, drafters, modelers, and other in-house engineers to execute structural designs
- Meet with the project team to ensure effective communication flow during design
- Interface with the contractor during construction to ensure positive results with minimum complications
- Manage projects profitably and maintain a working relationship with clients
- Supervise the Honolulu structural team and manage all aspects of the department while working closely with the General Manager and other department managers to develop and achieve office goals
- Develop proposals, RFP responses and support other marketing activities
- Conduct business development activities and foster long term client relationships and create new ones
- B.S. degree in civil engineering
- M.S. degree in structural engineering (preferred)
- Licensed as a Structural Engineer (S.E.)
- 15 or more years of experience
- Strong, effective leadership skills; team building expertise; and management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and time management skills
Why Work at Coffman?
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we believe our culture of excellence, unique business model, and employees set us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and who believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, a flexible PTO program, supportive office environment, professional development opportunities, and regular employee activities (breakfast, wellness activities BBQs, and various social and community activities). But the best part of working at Coffman is being in an environment that allows you to be yourself, be respected, and work alongside other intelligent, motivated people, while you impact the built environment around you!
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htm
Coffman At A Glance:
- 42 years in business
- 550+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #42 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2020
- #164 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2020
- #1 Hawaii’s Healthiest Employers, Healthiest Employers, 2020
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.
Coffman Engineers, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Coffman Engineers, Inc.