Senior Civil Engineer (10+ years)
- $104,000 to $135,000 Yearly
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 20 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
Coffman Engineers is seeking a highly-skilled, outgoing, self-motivated Senior Civil Engineer with at least 10 years of experience to expand the growing Seattle office's civil engineering department.
Applicants must be well versed in all aspects of civil engineering land development, including project management, multidiscipline coordination, site layouts, grading plans, storm water management facilities, water quality best management practices, and utilities. Experience with public utility project and/or Seattle Area experience will be looked upon favorably.
The successful individual will be assisting our business development team and other discipline leads in developing technical proposals, and take a proactive lead role in marketing commercial, institutional, and industrial clients. You will have the opportunity to help build, manage, and mentor a strong team of civil engineering professionals within a collaborative multi-discipline office. You must be able to market team capabilities as well as perform technical design and consulting services to a high level of satisfaction to a diverse group of clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Washington Civil Engineer (P.E.) registration required
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Experience collaborating with local architectural/engineering community is a strong plus
- Experience in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microsoft office and other software is a plus
- Experience designing public utilities is a strong plus
- Experience serving as a prime consultant is a plus
- Experience with zoning entitlements and permit procurement is a plus
- Ability to work with counterparts in other Coffman offices to share workload when required
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills are required
- Strong project management skills are required
- Client management skills are required
Expected annual salary of $104,000 - $135,000.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Why You Want To Work Here
Coffman Engineers is a company that truly focuses on its employees. We support and encourage individually tailored professional and technical advancement as well as personal growth. We offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package (including eligibility for annual bonuses), a desirable location, and a professional office environment with the opportunity to work with a collaborative team.
Coffman's Burlington office is located in a newly renovated space that is easily accessible from anywhere in the Northern Washington counties, and is a short drive from Bellingham, WA. Burlington offers a different quality of life being minutes from the famous tulip farms, and we have many state and national parks to explore! Our team of talented engineers work on exciting projects with many of them in Seattle and also the local area. Our team of engineers can provide one-on-one mentorship to help develop your technical abilities as well as foster professional growth. Join us.
Don't take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman At A Glance:
- 43 years in business
- 650+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 20 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #29 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2021
- #157 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2022
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.
Coffman Engineers, Inc.Burlington, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.