- Posted: over a month ago
Coeur Mining, Inc. is the largest U.S.-based primary silver producer and a growing gold producer. The Company has five precious metals mines in the Americas generating strong production, sales and cash flow.
Coeur Rochester, Inc., a subsidiary of Coeur Mining, is seeking Security Officer for its surface heap leach operations east of Lovelock Nevada.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons and ability to contact and know MSHA
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to Train contractors and complete necessary documentation
- Provide inspections of vehicles and Equipment
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Possess effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; display exceptional customer service
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively, identifying critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Strong attention to details
- Must be at least 18 years old with high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Candidate must complete a physical and drug screen, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Preferred – minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
Go to www.coeur.com to apply for this position.
It is the policy of Coeur Mining, Inc. and its direct and indirect United States subsidiaries (the “Company”) to provide equal opportunity employment to all Employees and applicants for employment. No person working at the Company's facilities in the United States is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Coeur Rochester, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed a Form I-9. Coeur Rochester, Inc. will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Real EstateView all jobs at Coeur Mining