Coeur Mining Reno, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
Our purpose statement is, We Pursue a Higher Standard. Everything we do is fueled by this statement; it is our foundation and inspiration for our actions every day. At Coeur, we PROTECT our people, places and planet, DEVELOP quality resources, growth and plans, and DELIVER impactful results through teamwork.
Coeur Mining, Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. Coeur’s wholly owned operations include the Palmarejo gold-silver complex in Mexico, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska, the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota and the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead mine in British Columbia. In addition, the Company has interests in several precious metals exploration projects throughout North America. Coeur’s headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
Reporting directly to the Exploration Manager, the Project Geologist will participate in drill hole logging, conduct new project generation, prepare field evaluations of submittals, and oversee and assist in drilling projects throughout Nevada.
This position may require relocation to one of the communities proximal to the Rochester Mine Site (Reno, Lovelock, Fallon, Fernley, Winnemucca).
- Oversee and/or assist in exploration work and reverse circulation and core drilling activities on the West Rochester project area proximal to the Rochester Mine, a mining district western Nevada with abundant volcanic and sediment hosted gold-silver deposits and targets
- Work closely with and provide technical support to the Exploration Manager
- Promote safety and environmental responsibility for all aspects of the company’s operations in Nevada
- Conduct geologic mapping, rock sampling and target advancement within the project areas
- Log reverse circulation and core drill holes, prepare digital logs, utilize acQuire logging software, select core intervals for sampling, prepare samples for laboratory submission
- In select cases, produce cross sections from 3D modeling software such as Leapfrog and Target
- Supervise and manage field operations and oversee the exploration activities on select projects:
- Includes preparing budgets, drill planning, managing logistics and contractors, core and sample processing, assay interpretation, reporting and other ancillary activities related to the overall project
- Conduct field evaluations of exploration project submittals and new project generation in western Nevada that fit into Coeur’s strategic portfolio
- Assemble, review and make field visits for new project submittals as well as evaluate project areas that are generated through in-house data compilations, assessments and interpretations
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in precious metals and mineral exploration, field experience with geologic mapping, geochemical analysis and target generation, and reverse circulation and core drilling programs,
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, with preference given to candidates with a Master of Science in Geology
- Specific experience with epithermal gold and silver deposits in western Nevada preferred
- Solid geologic reasoning abilities integrating geological, geochemical and geophysical data sets
- Well-developed work responsibility standards and safety practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Standard MS Office computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Experience with ArcGIS, Leapfrog, acQuire or similar software preferred
- Current MSHA Surface Miner Training a plus
Go to www.coeur.com to apply for this position.
It is the policy of Coeur Mining, Inc. and its direct and indirect United States subsidiaries (the
“Company”) to provide equal opportunity employment to all Employees and applicants for
employment. No person working at the Company's facilities in the United States is to be
discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, or veteran status
ScienceView all jobs at Coeur Mining