Our purpose statement is, We Pursue a Higher Standard. Everything we do is fueled by this statement; it is our foundation and inspiration for our actions every day. At Coeur, we PROTECT our people, places and planet, DEVELOP quality resources, growth and plans, and DELIVER impactful results through teamwork.
Coeur Mining, Inc. is a U.S.-based, well-diversified, growing precious metals producer with four wholly-owned operations: the Palmarejo silver-gold complex in Mexico, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska and the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota. In addition, the Company wholly-owns the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead development project in British Columbia and has interests in several precious metals exploration projects throughout North America.
The Coeur Kensington mine, is seeking an Environmental Coordinator to work in a camp-based environment with 4 days on 3 days off rotation with rotating weekend coverage every 4 weeks. The Kensington underground gold mine and associated milling facilities are located within the Berners Bay Mining District on the east side of Lynn Canal about 45 miles north-northwest of Juneau, Alaska.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe workplace while supporting environmental policies and regulations
- Conduct workplace inspections to identify conditions or practices that have the potential for non-compliance
- Interpret and manage water quality, soil and rock data.
- Manage the environmental water quality database
- Conducts field environmental monitoring activities related to air, water, wildlife
- Performs special projects or provides input to management regarding regulatory requirements, techniques and cost of environmental-related subjects
- Prepares compliance reports related to specific permits
- Aid in the oversight of site contractors and consultants
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure environmental policies are understood and followed
- Assist with government agency inspections and tours
- Manage a RCRA waste program and related compliance and reporting
- Ensure the proper shipping of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from the mine site
- Collect and report company ESG initiatives
- Oversee mine site training programs and certifications specific to HAZWOPER, RCRA, and DOT
- Conduct site specific training for new hire employees and contractors
- Oversee TRI program data collection and reporting
- Oversee site air quality monitoring program and reporting
- Supervise a team of environmental technicians
- Ability to work safe and promote safe behavior in others
- Sets high standards for self and others, builds trust and takes accountability
- Minimum of 5 years of environmental monitoring experience, with experience in mining preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering earth sciences, biology or equivalent discipline or work experience
- Knowledge of scientific principles associated with natural resources
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Skilled at the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Ability to hike several miles over uneven terrain in inclement weather with a backpack weighing approximately 40 lbs.
- Comfortable working in an underground environment
- Comfortable working in remote locations with exposure to local wildlife i.e. moose and bears
- Experience with field sampling with respect to water quality, rock and soil
- Experience conducting environmental remediation and cleanup
- Experience responding to environmental incidents i.e. oil spills or chemical spills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in varied settings
- Relevant certifications i.e. HAZWOPER, RCRA, Opacity, etc.
- Preference given to Alaska residents.
It is the policy of Coeur Mining, Inc. and its direct and indirect United States subsidiaries (the
“Company”) to provide equal opportunity employment to all Employees and applicants for
employment. No person working at the Company's facilities in the United States is to be
discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, or veteran status.
Coeur MiningJuneau, AK
Energy and Environment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.