- Posted: over a month ago
Coeur Mining, Inc. is a U.S.-based, well-diversified, growing precious metals producer with four wholly-owned operations: the Palmarejo gold-silver complex in Mexico, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska and the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota. In addition, the Company wholly owns the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead development project in British Columbia and has interests in several precious metals exploration projects throughout North America.
The Coeur Rochester mine located in Nevada, approximately 25 miles from Lovelock, Nevada, is seeking an Industrial Electrician to join the team.
If you are motivated by unique challenges, comprehensive pay and benefits plan, and work-life balance with the flexibility of a rotational schedule, this opportunity is for you!
The Industrial Electrician is responsible for the performance of the following duties in a safe and productive manner:
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical equipment on site including but not limited to; industrial motor wiring, motors, Panels, Pumps, control equipment, automated equipment, conduit, and fixtures;
- Work on circuits ranging from 24V to 4,160V;
- Work with Allen Bradley PLC’s and AB Powerflex VFD’s;
- Work with Studio 5000, RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5, Factory Talk View, Architecture Builder, and Historian software;
- Perform annual ground checks;
- Preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment on the site;
- Calibrate and repair instruments and associated equipment;
- Work with electronic control systems including microprocessors, sensors, and final control elements in automated processes;
- Work on and calibrate level, pressure, temperature, flow, and analytical instruments;
- Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics;
- Repairing and adjusting system components or removing and replacing defective parts;
- Order parts, generate W/R, W/O, and other routine work to maintain an organized and efficient work environment;
- Demonstrated proficiency with industrial motor control systems for maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Maintain current NFPA70e training and compliance.
- Follow all procedures and safety measures to assure safe production;
- Work in all conditions and environments, approximately 80% of job is outdoors;
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on an occasional basis;
- Able to walk up and down slopes and uneven ground daily.
- A minimum 5+ years field industrial electrical experience in the mining or heavy industry sector preferred;
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required;
- Graduation from an accredited electrical program such as JATC, or Great Basin CC Electrical curriculum, Associates Degree in industrial electronics or a related field;
- Experience in mining electrical systems; 480 volt motor, power and control, 4160 volt motor power and control, and process plant instrumentation preferred;
- Familiarity with instrumentation, control systems, SAP, and computers is preferred.
- Work as a team member and communicate openly with others;
- Self-directed and able to take leadership role on many projects;
- Willing to stop work for safety concerns and always abide by safety best practices, policies and procedures;
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Our purpose statement is We Pursue a Higher Standard. Everything we do is fueled by this statement; it is our foundation and inspiration for our actions every day. At Coeur, we PROTECT our people, places and planet; DEVELOP quality resources, growth and plans; and DELIVER impactful results through teamwork. Coeur Mining, Inc. is the largest U.S.-based primary silver producer and a growing gold producer. The Company has five precious metals mines in the Americas generating strong production, sales, and cash flow.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Coeur Mining
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?