Database & QA/QC Analyst
Coeur Mining Reno, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our purpose statement is, We Pursue a Higher Standard. Everything we do is fueled by this statement; it is our foundation and inspiration for our actions every day. At Coeur, we PROTECT our people, places and planet, DEVELOP quality resources, growth and plans, and DELIVER impactful results through teamwork.
Coeur Mining, Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. Coeur’s wholly owned operations include the Palmarejo gold-silver complex in Mexico, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska, the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota and the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead mine in British Columbia. In addition, the Company has interests in several precious metals exploration projects throughout North America. Coeur’s headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
The employee will also be responsible for integrating, compiling, filtering, and retrieving new and historic data from the databases, more specifically acQuire, for the purposes of data QA/QC, prep, and cleanup to find usable information, and delivered in a timely matter to the geologic team at various exploration sites across Nevada. The role would also provide GIS support by consolidating geochemical, geologic, structural, and geophysical data and assisting the Nevada teams across various software platforms such as ArcMap, Leapfrog, and ioGAS. Where applicable, assistance supporting and researching with the land department. This role requires coordination of immediate and long-term activities involving maintenance and other analysis of data from where it is stored. The employee may be responsible for assisting on environmental, safety, and production databases for all departments on site.
The Database & QA/QC Analyst will be granted acQuire license and will be expected to leverage databases and infrastructure across the exploration projects to support ongoing integration with the teams. The objective of the Analyst is to review and cleanse data, identify trends or flaws in the data, create meaningful reports from data for the operations groups and management teams. Each candidate will be self-motivating, promote through their leadership and communication a continuous improvement mentality in the principles of Protect, Develop and Deliver as well as have the desire and ability to continuously improve the performance of the mine site through transparent reporting.
Preference given to candidates that would reside and work out of our Reno office. Potential opportunity to have candidate work remotely within the Western US, with occasional visits to nearby facilities (Reno, Lovelock, Beatty).
- Effectively extract and deliver data from management information systems such as acQuire, Access, ArcMap, Leapfrog, Intelex, production databases, and other databases for the project sites.
- Focus large data into useful data to drive operational performance
- Analyze and filter incoming data from third parties
- Build working relationships with the project managers
- Travel to project sites and provide in-person
- Evaluation of data to identify emerging trends for operational performance excellence
- Develop, maintain, and train acQuire systems and users across the project site to support digital integration
- Develop and implement database best practices for data collection
- Develop more efficient operational databases for the sites and corporate needs
- Train and develop key users for database best practices,
- Ensure various users that require acQuire within their group have access, and are trained by the Database Analyst, to review databases for their crews, groups etc.
- Work directly with other project managers and support their training and development.
- Manage and maintain operational database systems and spreadsheets, daily reports and forms.
- Use best practices for database management as they are defined.
- Create effective databases that communicate a message for quick interpretation of data. Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data.
- Create and maintain efficient databases for each group and develop acQuire reports from these databases.
- Utilize and leverage future and existing Information Management Systems to analyze data from.
- Work within acQuire to create databases that may later be approved for deployment by the Operations Performance Analyst.
- Work closely with other database managers to synchronize datasets and maximize efficiencies between groups
- Structure large data sets to find usable information.
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- Consistently strives to maintain and improve each department’s high level of productivity through Business Improvement.
- Required to maintain confidentiality.
- Perform accurate, precise work in a timely manner.
- Work cooperatively with others i.e. deals honestly, treats all people with respect, does not disrupt productivity or efficiency, does not incite trouble, refrains from gossip, and adheres to company policy.
- Understand the short- and long-term key objectives of the operation and develop dashboards to monitor progress.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree and/or 3-5 years of relevant experience in mine operations, finance, computer science, and/or informational technology required.
- Speaks, reads, and writes English at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- Performs basic elements of mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, and algebra and conversion tables.
- Ability to think critically, access resources and improve upon existing systems with limited direction and support.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite; Word, Projects, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams
- Working knowledge and ability to work within acQuire, ArcMap, Leapfrog, Target, ioGAS, and Access
- Reporting and data visualization skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with management at every level
- Understands and is able to perform fundamental record keeping.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting mining related cost.
- Able to operate computers efficiently.
- Has multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Go to www.coeur.com to apply for this position.
It is the policy of Coeur Mining, Inc. and its direct and indirect United States subsidiaries (the
“Company”) to provide equal opportunity employment to all Employees and applicants for
employment. No person working at the Company's facilities in the United States is to be
discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, or veteran status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Coeur Mining