Ensures an exceptional customer experience that supports our vision to become fast and casual “to go” with world class convenience. The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) serves as a leader and oversees the retail operation of a specific store in conjunction with the Store and District Manager. The ASM supports the Store Manager ensuring the store operates efficiently in compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws and company policies.
It is Coen’s mission to impress and satisfy our customers and clients with every visit and make their lives simpler. We seek to accomplish this mission through the following seven Core Principles.
1. Do the right thing, right now, every time
2. Embrace change
3. Communicate with transparency
4. Respect and value guests and team members
5. Treat our vendors as partners
6. Have a passion for winning
7. Commit to making a positive impact on the community
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
Implement marketing plans and company strategies to improve sales
• Maintains professional communication and demeanor with vendors, team members and guests.
• Assist in vendor check-in, ordering, and merchandising enhancements by having properly faced and readily available products for our guests.
• Conduct competitive fuel surveys
• Analyze results and develop action plans to leverage the store’s strengths and areas of opportunity.
Workforce Management and Development
• Ensures employees follow all Company policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
• Trains, schedules, and coaches all team members to ensure store positions are staffed to appropriately handle customer service needs.
• Assists in identifying qualified candidates, performing interviews as needed, and making employment decisions including, but not limited to hiring, evaluating, scheduling, training, and disciplining as needed.
• Maintain a clean, safe environment by complying with all health and sanitation procedures to ensure the store and foodservice area is presentable and in-stock.
• Ensure compliance with corporate training programs through RTO tracking.
• Cross trained in Team Member functions and responsibilities.
• Cross trained in Operational and Kitchen responsibilities.
• Assist and collaborate with Store Manager the consistency application of counseling and disciplinary actions.
• Strong commitment to team work while being flexible and adaptable to change.
• Maintains professional appearance in accordance with the company dress code policy.
• Provides customer service leadership and direction for the entire store and team.
• Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Handles escalated customer concerns by seeking an appropriate resolution while observing Company guidelines.
• Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles. React to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
• Adheres and enforces Federal, State, and local regulations and prohibits the sale of age restricted products to individuals under the minimum age requirement.
Maintain appropriate control of retail assets and periodic cash audits
• Implement Loss Prevention measures according to company policy
• Complete daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports in a timely manner
• Support the Store Manager with P&L and budget.
*Completes other duties, including special assignments, as assigned by management.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 2 years of leadership experience required, preferably in a retail, QSR, or convenience store environment.
• Ability to learn and utilize the store’s computer applications required.
• Exceptional customer service, superior relationship building, and strong leadership skills required.
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks for team members.
• Experience, skills and abilities consistent with Core Values and Leadership Competencies
• Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug testing.
• Reliable transportation is required.