Community Health Worker
- March 03, 2023
Reporting into Behavioral Health Department, the Community Health Worker (CHW) is responsible for maximizing health access for community members and utilizing information on social, civic, and public health issues to support and improve the quality of life for neighborhood residents.
- Pro-actively identify patients who are eligible for assistance from a CHW
- Actively seeks referrals from Provider staff
- Collaborate with Enrollment team to identify new patients who need follow-up to engage in care
- Work directly with patients to identify barriers in completing patient care; actively work with the patient to remove barriers
- Connect with CSCH and other local social services organizations to identify resources for patients
- Regular check-in with patients to identify ongoing needs
- Track patient care, work with patients to ensure they make and keep appointments, follow-up on referrals
- Collaborate with Providers on non-medical patient needs
- Provide materials and curriculums around educating and equipping consumers to become more self-sufficient.
- Provide materials to further patients’ understanding of how to access care at CSHC
- Provide resources on how and when to use the Emergency Room
- Provide resources on the Health Insurance Exchange
- Track patient interaction in EMR; flag Providers as needed
- In collaboration with the PCMH Project Manager, develop process and outcome measures for program assessment
- Complete data entry for program evaluation
- Work with PCMH Project Manager to collect and submit data semi-annually
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years outreach experience in the generalist model.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong commitment to the CHW model
- Capable of successfully working with many types of people.
- Well-organized, able to develop and track data
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Resident of local area representative of predominant community strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
CODMAN SQUARE HEALTH CENTER MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Mission: To serve as a resource for improving the physical, mental, and social well-being of the community.
Vision: Codman Square Health Center is our community’s first choice for comprehensive, holistic, and integrated serviced, and empowers individuals to lead healthy lives and build thriving communities.
Patients: Our patients are the center of our care team
Community: The well-being of the individuals is deeply connected to the health of our community.
Advocacy: We advocate for responsive policies and resources to address health disparities and promote healthy equity.
Staff: We are a diverse, empowered, compassionate and prepared workforce.
Innovation: we promote a culture of innovation that has measurable and sustainable impact.
Partnership: We build and sustain diverse partnerships
Codman Square Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
CODMAN SQUARE HEALTH CENTER INC
GovernmentView all jobs at CODMAN SQUARE HEALTH CENTER INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?