Are you ready to join our mission to create value by engineering innovative biological solutions to meaningful challenges? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc. team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us meet our goals we are looking to hire a Research Assistant/Research Associate/Process Engineer to join our Bioprocess Development Team. In this role, you will design, perform, and analyze DSP experiments to understand and optimize purification processes. You will also play a key role to support selection of lead therapeutic candidates for the treatment of rare genetic disorders.
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Are you excited by the idea of harnessing the power of proteins to improve the health of this planet and it's inhabitants?
- Would you enjoy being a member of a team developing manufacturing processes for novel enzymes that are used in therapeutic and diagnostic applications?
- Are you driven by scientific curiosity and devoted to continuous learning in a collaborative and supportive team environment?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Hands-on protein purification and downstream process development:
- Primary recovery unit operations at the bench scale (0.1 to 10 L) such as centrifugation, homogenization, flocculation, tangential-flow filtration (TFF), and depth filtration.
- Chromatographic separations: Ion-exchange, affinity, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography using FPLC instruments such as AKTA.
- Characterizing in-process samples to support process development:
- Enzyme activity using colorimetric or HPLC-based assays.
- Enzyme quantification using light absorption (A280), BCA or quantitative SDS-PAGE assays.
- Biophysical characterization of enzymes using SEC or other assays.
- Working with a scientific mentor to execute planned experiments and document results.
- Communicating experimental results within the process development team.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Biological Science, Chemical Engineering or related discipline, with 0-3+ years industry experience purifying or analyzing proteins.
- Experience with enzyme activity assays to determine parameters such as specific activity.
- Sound understanding of protein biochemistry.
- Hands-on experience with AKTA FPLC operation a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate results and seek assistance when needed.
- Ability to keep organized records and documentation.
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on 401k
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status
Powered by JazzHR