Cloud/Virtualization Engineer (VxRail)
Codeworks L.L.C Milwaukee, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of VMWare ESXi/Vsphere/hypervisor VMWare technologies, including VRealize and vRealize Operations, and licensing.
- Familiarity with VMWare migration/deployment techniques, as cloning, VRA blueprint, OVF template and fling.
- Knowledge with VMWare NSX as well as VMWare vSAN technologies
- Ability to use scripting, such as Powershell, PowerCLI, Python to automate tasks and deployments.
- Ability to measure performance and report using VROPS
- Solid knowledge and familiarity of Windows/Linux operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Solid experience and familiarity with Microsoft Azure interface, including migration techniques, support, and security using the portal or command line.
- Expertise with SAN/NAS administration such as fiber channel networking, volume management fundamentals, and performance tuning
- Networking knowledge router/switch configuration, IP addressing, subnet masking and IP scope definition.
- Ability to lead efforts to setup new VMWare environmental additions, such as VXRail hardware or construct new environments as needed.
- Knowledge of Terraform and automation technologies, including deployment, support, and automation techniques.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Openshift and Git
- Ability to support deployment pipelines and build processes, especially as applied to VMWare VRealize Automation (VRA) and Microsoft Azure.
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure experience
- 5+ years of experience engineering and managing storage, compute, network or security technologies
- 5+ years leading IT/Business projects of varying complexity and global scope
- 3+ years of architecture or design experience deploying cloud platforms
- 2+ years of experience developing process and workflow to enable infrastructure automation
- 2+ years of experience with IT Security in a cloud based hosting environment
- Must have ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability for balancing competing requirements and interests, developing win-win solutions,
- Professional Certifications a plus (PMI, ITIL, Lean Six Sigma etc…)
TechnologyView all jobs at Codeworks L.L.C