As part of the inside sales team, you will be responsible for working within a diverse and talented sales team. Your primary goal is to provide excellent customer service to our home center customers.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for working within the Inside (Home Center) Sales Team to perform daily tasks:
- Assist customers over the phone
- Enter customer orders, check orders, send confirmations
- Enter/send customer quotes
- Work with Sales Manager and Inside Sales Manager on quotes requiring special pricing
- Go-to person for questions, etc.
- Assists in troubleshooting/resolving issues related to orders, customers, etc.
- Communicate with warehouse & shipping departments to resolve issues, changes, etc. regarding orders
- Meets the required standards of good customer service, quality, accuracy, timeliness
- Supporting all company procedures and policies
- Other duties as assigned by Inside Sales Manager or General Manager
Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer purchase orders, quote requests, etc. Ability to speak effectively to managers, supervisors and other team members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to background noise of other team members talking on phones. The employee is occasionally exposed to mild temperature fluctuations. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Safety and Environmental
Every employee will be required to observe and follow the high standards of good office practices that are proper and essential for a manufacturing facility. Established safety rules will be followed in order to maintain a work environment that is safe and free from hazards. Every employee is to follow established guidelines and training in regard to all environmental programs such as; disposal of non- hazardous & hazardous waste products, wastewater management and disposal of all waste materials.