A nationwide retail company seeks a Web Production Artist to add to their team.
The Web Production Artist Lead is responsible for producing high quality product images on the site and various video/animation content using photoshop and editing skills. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task in a deadline driven environment yet be extremely meticulous and methodical through projects. This includes collaborating across the merchandising department, photography studio, marketing and web designers as well as interfacing with the Creative Director and Art Director.
- Prep, organize and correct new digital product and lifestyle photography; brand assets corrections may involve adjustments to color, major image manipulation, cropping, resizing proportions and memory file-size and type.
- Reformat images for consistency adhering to brand specific guidelines to achieve optimal customer experience under the direction of a Designer or Art Director.
- Develop and problem solve image solutions both technically and creatively in displaying products online with optimal customer experience in mind.
- Collaborate with Creative Director to create mockups of image solutions for presentation and approval.
- Create detailed photo-compositions with graphic backgrounds, offering creative solutions in a collaborative environment.
- Retouch at a high level of accuracy and realism lifestyle photography.
- Collaborate with Creative Team on video and animation concepts.
- Edit videos, create graphics/title cards, export finals for in-house video content.
- Assist with stock music selection.
- Collect and upload assets from external content partners.
- Assist Design with retouching needs.
- Responsible for uploading images to site, with attention to detail on site structure of various image placements.
- Juggle large quantities of images using batching techniques as well as archiving, organizing, and renaming files.
- Independently manage graphics and production requests and changes while maintaining web production schedules in a team environment.
- Providing status updates often to complete projects by deadlines.
- Seeks out improvement to process in workflow from file management to improving communication between photography and merchandising teams.
- Assist in updating documentation of department procedures to streamline daily workflow and act as a style guide for brand assets on website.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and administer changes to images displayed on our site with a strong understanding of site structure and Scene 7, our image hosting application. May require assisting IT to help troubleshoot and test functionality.
- Assist in training new associates or freelancers on production procedures and daily processes.
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia or related field
- Advanced Skills in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Bridge and proficiency in Premiere, After Effects
- Strong knowledge in photography and video post production including color correction.
- Reel or work examples of video editing/animation work.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Office
- Understanding of FTP, main servers, source folders, asset management system
- Excellent technical and production skills, i.e. cutting and optimizing images, manipulating graphics, clean production, color usage, and layout, etc
- Excellent reading and written language skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and to meet deadlines with attention to detail