Senior Account Executive
Our client – an agency/consultancy firm focused exclusively on market access (ie, payer marketing) – is seeking a Senior Account Executive who wants to contribute, learn, and advance in a highly collaborative, high-energy setting. Our culture will empower you to stretch your capabilities and fulfill your potential.
Our client is dedicated to helping pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies gain market access for their brands and thrive in the changing healthcare landscape. We also specialize in helping other types of healthcare companies, including service providers and technology companies capitalize on changing market dynamics and healthcare reform trends.
We operate at the intersection of traditional market research, strategy consulting, and advertising agency services. This innovative model allows us to help clients deeply understand their customer targets and then engage with precision and purpose to drive results.
We work to maintain a culture that is entrepreneurial and excellence-oriented. We invest in the professional growth and development of our team, collectively and individually and we actively encourage and support our team in gaining new experiences and building new skills that can be shared with each other and with our clients.
We also believe strongly in the value of collaboration. Our employees enjoy significant autonomy and flexibility, yet work closely in teams to offer clients the benefit of our collective experience, talents, and perspectives.
The role of Senior Account Executive (SAE) supports the Account Lead in managing the day-to-day activity of the account. As an SAE, you must be a proactive person who can multitask, foster a positive team atmosphere, and be a leader. We’re seeking an idea-generating, solutions-oriented agency leader that will drive agency growth.
The responsibilities listed below are subject to change.
- Support account leads to maintain positive ongoing relationships with clients, including contributing to long-term strategic thinking while managing and anticipating needs on a daily basis and developing appropriate solutions for clients and senior management
- Work closely with account leads on managing the implementation of strategic communication plans, ensuring that tasks are appropriately delegated and project deadlines are met
- Draft marketing materials, including slide decks, press releases, backgrounders, pitches, briefing documents, etc. and work closely with junior staff to develop and edit materials, providing feedback as needed
- Assist with new business development, including taking an active role as part of the development/pitch team by attending brainstorming sessions, gathering and organizing information, conducting research, and assisting with program development, as requested
- Begin to increasingly coach and mentor junior staff members, providing constructive feedback on client work and identifying opportunities for professional advancement
- Move projects through internal routing, create folders for routing and track the stages, location, and priorities for each project as required
- Responsible for accurate and timely client contact reports
- Comfortable planning and managing client meetings without supervision
- Responsible for budget management along with the Project Managers
As an entrepreneurial organization, we value and leverage the full team’s brainpower in helping to nurture and grow our business. This includes participating in firm-building activities such as client planning and marketing program design and execution. We also expect each of our team members to invest time and effort into improving content expertise and jobs skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, communications, Advertising or related field
- At least 2 years of market access experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced agency environment
- Demonstrated experience and success in leadership of cross-functional agency teams
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity and personal initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications
- Candidates must possess US work authorization
- Occasional travel may be required
This position is based in our location in Montclair, NJ. We offer a competitive compensation package with salary, bonus incentives, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA and 401k. We are an equal opportunity employer.