The Area Production Floor Manager will oversee all daily operations of a specific production area of the Plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Develop processes that will maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement schedules (e.g. production, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient and effective operations to exceed Company and customer expectations.
- Monitor Area for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and overtime while maintaining current quality standards.
- Check to see if we are making current formulas correctly. Give suggestions to improve quality and efficiencies with current formulas.
- Responsible for production output, product quality, and make sure orders are completed on time.
- Implement strategies in alignment with the company initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Develop a trusting relationship with management, supervisors and employees.
- Manage and develop Area staff.
- Take ownership of personnel, processes and outcomes as circumstances warrant. Must be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it.
- Work closely with Maintenance, R&D, Logistics, Sanitation and Management to help keep the flow of the plant as efficient as possible.
- Monitor daily output numbers and compare to standards set by facility
- Ensure areas are clean and in compliance with BRC Global Standard for Food Safety regulations.
- Learn all equipment, how to inspect, operate, clean and assemble to ensure accuracy of staff.
- Accurately record production numbers and provide to accounting in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ensure employees are working in a safe manner, while working effectively.
- Make sure employees are clocked into the correct Job Order and clock out appropriately.
- Effectively communicate with night shift.
Skills and Professional Ethics:
- Attention-to-detail and accuracy of work produced.
- Completes tasks, reports, and documents accurately according to specified timelines and expectations.
- Makes wise and appropriate decisions after identifying and analyzing information.
- Is punctual, adheres to work schedule and has overall satisfactory attendance.
- Maintains communication with immediate supervisor, keeping him/her informed of problems, concerns, and significant developments.
- Demonstrates skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Works cooperatively with all levels of the organization.
- Accepts and uses constructive feedback.
- Attends and constructively participates in meetings and professional development activities.
- Identifies problems and issues and works collaboratively to contribute ideas and find solutions.
- Accepts and adjusts to change, performs multiple tasks, organizes work, sets work priorities, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to ethical, legal and professional standards.
- Applies laws, policies, regulations, and procedures fairly, consistently, wisely, and compassionately.
- Does not reveal company confidential information.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching.
Benefits: • Medical/Dental Plans. • Life Insurance. • Traditional and Roth 401(k). • Discretionary Annual Bonus based on Performance and Company Profitability