Responsible for contributing creative input, interpreting artistic direction and creating the appropriate aesthetic environment for highly impactful content. You will work in a creative environment/In-House Studio, working closely with the Art Director and Photographer to produce editorial/lifestyle and product photography, animation and video’s for various channels including Marketing, Ecommerce, Social, Retail Stores, etc. You must be able to work on multiple projects at once and flexible to work some nights and weekends as well as some travel.
The individual in this role will strive for continual style improvements and styling/prep efficiencies and display a sound understanding of the brand while working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Follow Creative concepts: must be able to visually understand the execution of a seasonal campaign through use of color, propping, and lighting to create a cohesive look and feel.
- Align with the standards that promote merchandise objectives, sales strategies, and brand direction.
- Actively support the Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Photo Studio activities – balance creative with cost effectiveness.
- Strong knowledge of current design trends in home, lifestyle and fashion. Strong pulse on social trends - Pinterest, Instagram, etc. apply that knowledge to elevate editorial styling.
- Proactively provides creative input and feedback with both the Art Director and Photographer throughout the creative process.
- Maintain open and professional communication with all members of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment with a moderate degree of supervision, to handle a heavy workload through prioritization, to meet assigned deadlines and show flexibility to the demands and schedule shifts of peak seasons
- Able to quickly adapt to the diverse working styles of various Art Directors and photographers
- Able to be a role model and manage incoming freelance support staff to increase productivity and efficiency during shoot
- Experience in receiving input and critique on set and quickly adapting a shot in response to that feedback
- Review merchandise for completeness prior to shooting and provides product styling and touch-ups
- Assist with building / breaking down sets and painting
- Responsible for prop procurement and set design. Able to shop for and manage a growing set of props and consumables.
- Strong operationally - Help to improve process efficiencies, studio and sample organization and expense tracking.
- Perform daily organizational, maintenance, safety and photo studio operational functions as directed by the art director, studio manager and photographer
- College degree and retail experience preferred
- 1-3 years styling experience in commercial photography, product, and lifestyle styling. Some fashion figure experience preferred
- MAC proficient
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Office
- Able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Physically able to lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds
- Requires use of personal transportation
- Experience working with creative and editorial departments, i.e. Art Directors, Creative Directors, etc
- Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques
- Strong attention to detail, innovative, excellent taste level & creative sensibility, yet able to see the big picture
- Knowledge of floral arrangement, textiles, food styling, painting, set building, etc.
- Possess extensive knowledge of local resources; including but not limited to floral, grocery, art, decorating, building, and specialty stores and services