Under the pharmacist's supervision, the Pharmacy Technician provides technical and clerical assistance and support to the Pharmacy staff and patients in all aspects of the pharmacy in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Welcome guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answers or directs inquires in a friendly manner.
• Accurately processes prescriptions in the pharmacy order entry system
• Is able to navigate the pharmacy computer system
• Fills prescriptions and organizes baskets for final check by pharmacist.
• Creates and maintains records and reports of prescriptions.
• Handles patient information with accuracy, security and confidentiality.
• Resolve patient issues in a timely and friendly manner, when necessary.
• Maintains cleanliness of prescription processing areas and related equipment.
• Perform mathematical calculations to determine appropriate vial size for dispensing of ordered medications.
• Conduct routine medication inventories including monitoring for drugs expiring, and assist with inventory control of medications in the dispensing area, storage room and any other locations.
• Assist in ordering supplies and medications. Receive and restock medications.
• Maintain any necessary QA logs, including (but not limited to) cleaning logs, temperature logs, waste logs, expired & destroyed medication logs, etc.
• Comply with Rx incident reporting policy and procedures.
• Adhere to all OSHA and Rx regulatory training guidelines.
• Understand Pharmaceutical Industry's Code of Practice.
• Comply with all state-specific legislation and regulatory requirements.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• State Pharmacy Technician Certification required. Can be acquired within six months of start.
• 2+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations regarding pharmaceuticals.
• Able to handle sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality.
• Illustrate a clear ability to articulate information verbally as well as in writing.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; dedicated to quality, quantity, and timeliness of results.
• Acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise good judgment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 per hour