Working in diverse environment, technician is responsible for maintaining quality-assurance processes, testing products, and recording and analyzing results data during product development and manufacturing. The products being tested are food ingredients. Responsibilities include inspecting product and/or package appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Assures consistent quality of production by enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems, validating processes, providing documentation, and directing staff.
- Work with the QA and Production personnel to review proposed product specification and identify, analyze and resolve quality issues.
- Assures all label requirements follow customer specifications.
- Conduct routine floor audits of production and packaging areas to confirm correct product specifications, storage, packaging, labeling, and coding
- Completes multiple quality analysis tests. Communicates with operations staff regarding product quality and warehouse staff regarding approval details and lot coding
- Ensures all codes are accurate and identical to that on the packaged product and meets customer’s specifications.
- Maintains accurate documentation of analyzed product, compiling all proper steps in logging, product storage and expiration monitoring to ensure top quality.
- Hold any product manufactured out of specification and communicate with all involved departments regarding disposition
- Maintain and review retention samples for quality purposes
- Other duties, as assigned