As the Photographer, you will be responsible for contributing creative input, interpreting artistic direction and creating the appropriate aesthetic environment for highly impactful content. You will work in a creative environment/In-House Studio, photographing for various channels including Marketing, Ecommerce, Sales, Social, Retail Stores, etc. Additionally, you will partner closely with our Content Production Director to plan out logistics of each shoot and managing our studio schedule which includes outside photographers. You must be able to work on multiple projects at once and flexible to work some nights and weekends as well as some travel.
It is critical that you’re able to balance both taking feedback and adding value to the team. Your sense of self-motivation will allow you to prioritize a large volume of different projects, ensuring projects are completed when deadlines set. We are a company that is always seeking progress while staying true to our ideals of authenticity and innovation. Attention to detail and relationship building is a must! By interacting and partnering with the cross-channel partners, you will ensure all goals of the department are achieved. Most importantly, your love for the brand, and for building strong partnerships, will only further enhance your role on this highly creative, dynamic team.
- Exceptional creative thinking and on-set problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate clearly with stylists and art directors.
- Ability to maintain open communication and build trust with co-workers and the leadership team.
- A high energy team player that has the ability to successfully lead and motivate others and enjoys being a part of a team.
- Ability to run multiple sets simultaneously in either daylight or artificial light, depending on the production requirements.
- Must be comfortable giving creative input and bring new content ideas to help push the brand forward.
- Photography will include lifestyle, product, social, seasonal campaigns translated to a variety of formats including stills, GIF animations and video.
- Work with stylists to ensure the product is styled efficiently and accurately.
- Assist in styling as needed.
- Maintain the pace on set to ensure the meeting of daily shoots requirements.
- Maintain photo equipment and cleanliness of studio.
- Manages outside vendors for retouch & photoshoot production.
- Manages file management & taxonomy.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Helps to coordinate shot lists and pre-pro for both in-house and out of house shoots.
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high volume studio environment.
- Minimum degree BS or MS in Art & Photography/Graphic Design
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Photography & Studio Management
- Video production experience strongly preferred.
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates command of applied techniques and a working knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition, color quality, and animation.
- Must have extensive knowledge of lighting both in studio and on location.
- On figure, lifestyle, and product photography a must.
- Experienced directing models on set including adults and children.
- Able to work quickly and accurately in a challenging, fast paced environment while meeting short deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Capture One.
- Highly organized and logical.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Requires use of personal transportation.
- Lifting and/or bending 50lbs amount of weight.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (3-10 hours)
- Ability to Travel (by air) up to 20% based on project.