Job title: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
Reports To: AR MANAGER, BRADLEY GUERNSEY
Job Description prepared: 3/25/2020
Position summary A detail-oriented individual with 3 to 5 years of Accounts Receivable and Collection experience who will take full ownership of the A/R & Collection job responsibilities. The AR Specialist will be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generate weekly aging reports in a timely manner. Must have knowledge of general accounting principles and be proficient in MS Office (especially Excel). This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask. The AR Specialist must possess excellent communication skills as they will frequently collaborate with varying levels of management.
General purpose Assist the Credit department to achieve overall company goals and objectives by effectively working with the ARS team, Sales, customers and other areas.
· Preferred 3+ years in accounts receivable.
· Exceptional skills in Excel and ability to become a department expert in credit/collections.
· Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
· Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues via email and phone
· Issue credits and re-bill documents to billing department when appropriate
· Prepare reports for management, customers and internal team members as needed
· Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates on invoices
· Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports
· Make outbound collection calls in a professional manner while maintaining customer relationships
· Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements
· Miscellaneous duties as required by the position and assigned by management
Essential skills and experience
· Prior experience with managing accounts in excess of $15mm and 500+ invoices
· Communication skills across all areas of the organization
· Strong analytical skills
· Team oriented individual who strives to succeed and achieve company goals
· Advanced Excel skills (Pivots, VLOOKUP’s, Macros, etc.)
· Provide a high level of customer service to both internal team members and external customers
· Demonstrate ownership and accountability within your assigned portfolio
Reports to Accounts Receivable Manager.
Physical demands and work environment The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time; perform keyboard entry for long periods of time; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to travel via airplane to customer sites, if necessary.
General Location Requirements
· Comply with all company standards and applicable regulations.
· Comply with company policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
· Keep work area organized and clean.
· Assist in any additional responsibilities, as directed by management. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be required to perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by your manager or other management personnel.
Educational & Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
o This may be substituted for experience
· Advanced computer skills – ability to demonstrate knowledge of systems and resources
· Previous credit experience demonstrating the ability to lower past due and financial risk
This description is based upon management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared or revised. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Management reserves the right on a temporary or indefinite basis to modify as necessary to meet changing business conditions.