Director of Topicals, cannabis body care products: Oakland, California
Do you have a proven record of success leading teams and developing new, exciting body and wellness products?
Want to join an award-winning cannabis infused products team? Keep reading and apply to become a part of our legacy!
Coda Signature is an award-winning infused products company that is experiencing rapid growth. We have operations in Colorado with plans to begin operating in Oakland, California, early 2019 as part of our national expansion strategy. We are seeking a highly qualified individual to lead a skilled production team to produce our award-winning infused topicals in Oakland, California.
We are seeking a well-organized, hands-on, and detail-oriented Director of Topicals to oversee and manage our California topicals product development, production and packaging. They will establish our production facility, hire and train production assistants, as well as innovate and launch new products into the market.
Additionally, the Director of Topicals will be a member of the Executive to identify, research, define, innovate and expand the Body Essentials product line.
- Establishing training protocol for production team members, overseeing proper training in all production tasks
- Scheduling and station designation of Production team members
- Review open orders and coordinate with the Fulfillment/Distribution team
- Scheduling product to be sent for testing
- Creating and maintaining product worksheets and other daily forms
- Verifying the calibration of scales, thermometers and other equipment
- Hands-on participation in production and packaging of our Body Essentials infused products
- Production labeling – ensuring compliance to California Cannabis Regulations, including METRC inventory tracking information
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with California Cannabis Regulations and our internal SOPs
- Creating/adjusting METRC records and labels associated with production and packaging of infused products
- Preparing and submitting Purchase Orders to the Head of Topicals for reorders of ingredients and packaging
- Maintaining records of raw materials and packaging inventory
- Identifying and recommending alternative sourcing for ingredients, packaging or equipment when primary source exhibits faults (recommend solutions/contingency planning)
- Bachelors’ Degree Required
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations
- 3+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience working in a regulated industry, cannabis preferred
- Experience developing formulations in the body care or wellness industry
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills both verbally and through written media.
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process improvement and optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high-stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires.
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines for workplace safety and hazardous chemicals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to move around factory work stations.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations.
- Knowledge of all California Cannabis Regulations.
- Proficiency in METRC.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Coda Signature embraces change and the opportunity it brings. We are focused on delivering quality products and customer service and are committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining the best workforce in our industry. In addition to having a dynamic, team oriented, and fun work environment, we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Supplemental accident plans
- Company social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Stock options for every employee, every level
For consideration, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position and your salary requirements via indeed.
Applicants that do not include a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.