This position will be based in our Denver, CO headquarters.
Reports to: CEO
Coda Signature is an award-winning manufacturer of infused products (edibles, topicals, and concentrates) that is experiencing rapid growth. We have operations in Trinidad, Colorado and have recently opened operations in Oakland, California with plans for further expansion. We are seeking a Chief Revenue Officer to maximize top line revenue growth in our existing geographies. Additionally, you will identify, develop, and implement specific growth/value creation opportunities between Coda Signature and partner companies. You will also be supporting the CEO to prepare the company for an IPO or strategic acquisition. Keep reading and apply to become a part of our legacy.
SALES (50% of time)
• Manage the head of sales in each geography
• Assess competitive landscape for each geography
• Work with executive management team on product strategy
• Establish pricing of products for each market
• Establish and maintain sales targets for each geography
• Establish the variable component of the sale’s teams compensation (e.g. commission plan)
• Hire the sales leads for each geography
• Work with the sales lead in each geography to establish hiring targets (e.g. sales associates & field marketers)
• We envision that you would receive a percentage of sales as part of your overall comp package
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (25% of time)
· Define and assess the value chain within the cannabis industry
· Identify specific areas of the value chain where strategic partnerships can add mutual shareholder value between Coda Signature and a partner company
· Identify companies that fit into the areas of the value chain where significant value creation can be captured through a partnership
· Engage with those companies to determine if there is mutual interest in a potential partnership
· Structure a hypothesis of what the partnership would look like and the resulting economics
· Present opportunities to the Coda Signature BOD for approval to pursue
· Negotiate deal structure and operating model with prospective partner
· Manage partnerships that have been established
IPO/STRATEGIC ACQUISITION (25% of time)
· Determine timing to start the process of preparing for an IPO and/or sale of the company
· Identify the resources needed to run the process including but not limited to: legal, accounting, finance, and additional internal resources
· Identify which capital markets are the most viable for an IPO (Canadian, US)
· Present options with timing, risks, costs, etc. to BOD for approval to pursue
· Identify, assess, interview, and recommend investment bank and legal council to work with on an IPO
· Identify resources needed to shop Coda to strategic acquirers
· Project manage the project with all required resources
· Support successful transaction (IPO or sale)
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge
· Significant general management and P&L experience.
· Strategically view the marketplace, analyze opportunities and successfully manage the growth of a consumer-packaged goods business.
· Ability to craft and execute a business strategy that will help grow the brand
· Track record of managing multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to prioritize efforts based on ROI to the business.
· Ability to drive new product innovation and develop a roadmap to introduce products to market by working with Finance and Operations teams.
· Proven experience developing and executing marketing strategies.
· Demonstrated financial acumen and a history of decision making based upon business metrics.
· Background that includes hands-on accomplishments in delivering market share, sales growth and profitability in a progressive company.
· Inspirational leadership - understands the importance of being hands on.
· Capable of shaping a clear and strategic vision and effectively communicating that vision throughout all levels of the organization
· Excellent leadership and team building/management skills; ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to external and internal stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree with advanced degree preferred in related field
· 5+ years of experience in a revenue-focused role
· Experience developing relationships with venture capitalists/private equity
· Ability to travel as needed
Coda Signature embraces change and the opportunity it brings. We are focused on delivering quality products and customer service and are committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining the best workforce in our industry. In addition to having a dynamic, team oriented, and fun work environment, we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
· Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Supplemental accident plans
· Company social events
· Training and development opportunities
· Stock options for every full-time employee
For consideration, please send your resume and a cover letter that includes why you are the best person for this position and your salary requirements to careers@ codasignature. com. Applicants that do not include a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.