Accounts Receivable Specialist: Oakland, California
Do you have a demonstrated ability in accounting and are obsessed with getting into the details of all aspects of AR?
Want to join an award-winning cannabis infused products team? Keep reading and apply to become a part of our legacy!
Coda Signature is an award-winning infused products company that is experiencing rapid growth. We have operations in Colorado with plans to begin operating in Oakland, California, early 2019 as part of our national expansion strategy. We are seeking an individual to own all aspects of AR and to take on some administrative duties in our new Oakland location.
The accounts receivable clerk is responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. This role also ensures that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization.
· Process customer invoices accurately and timely
· Regularly run and review aging reports in QuickBooks
· Actively pursue delinquent customer accounts
· Research and solve payment discrepancies
· Makes adjustments to accounts as needed
· Prepares weekly manual deposits.
· Ensure payments are applied accurately and on the correct account/invoice. Apply all credits/account adjustments in QuickBooks
· Work with customers and internal departments to resolve unapplied cash payments
· Work with internal teams to resolve unidentified cash receipts
· Create and upload invoices, debit memos, credit memos, and refund requests as directed by management team and in accordance with departmental procedures
· Adhere to department policies and procedures
· Field Incoming calls
· Other office duties as assigned
· Bachelors’ Degree or pursuing related degree required
· Proficient to expert knowledge of QuickBooks
· 3-5 years accounts receivable experience
· 1-3 years of collection’s experience
· Strong front office, data entry, and organizational skills
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge
· Accounting / GAAP knowledge
· Ethical Conduct
· Accuracy and thoroughness a must
· Capability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Coda Signature embraces change and the opportunity it brings. We are focused on delivering quality products and customer service and are committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining the best workforce in our industry. In addition to having a dynamic, team oriented, and fun work environment, we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
· Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Supplemental accident plans
· Company social events
· Training and development opportunities
· Stock options for every full-time employee, every level
For consideration, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position and your salary requirements.
Applicants that do not include a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.