Cod & Capers Seafood is a family owned and operated seafood distributor located in North Palm Beach. All orders are cut from whole fish each morning. We are quality focused and service driven. Candidates must have either professional or personal experience filleting or processing whole fish.
Benefits are available for full-time employees. ROOM TO GROW!! A knowledge of seafood will be a benefit to this position! You MUST be a motivated team player.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Ability to maintain composure when busy and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess or be willing to gain a proficient knowledge of fish and seafood
- Maintain a professional level of service at all times
- Be able to work at a fast pace
- Have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Be punctual, reliable, and honest
- Be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds
NO planned time off is allowed between October and May. Saturdays and some holidays are required. We are closed on Sundays. We are closed for the major holidays (New Year's, Easter, Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). We offer health, dental, and vision insurance to all employees who work at least 30 hours a week on a consistent basis. You will receive paid holidays after your probationary period and paid vacation after one year of employment.
Additional requirements of this position are:
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Florida Driver License and Social Security Card
- Ability to pass a background check
- Prior seafood/meat experience a plus
- You must understand that we are a DRUG-FREE workplace. You must be able to pass a drug test at the time of hire. Random drug testing is performed as we deem necessary.