Under the immediate supervision of the Security Coordinator, the Security Officers primary function is to observe and report. By observing and reporting, Security Officers insure the personal safety of patrons, employees and others doing business with the Cocopah Casino. Protects all Casino and Tribal assets.
In the Entertainment Industry one may be subject to a work environment containing excessive noise, smoke and stress.
IMPORTANT- There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Cocopah Casino. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will not be eligible for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert to security problems during shift.
- Guard property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
- Maintain constant surveillance throughout the facility.
- Write reports on all incidents observed during shift.
- Participate in hopper fills and jackpots.
- Escort visitors when entering non-public areas.
- Keep a log of all activity occurring during shift.
- Provide tribal law enforcement with documentary evidence on crimes detected.
- Monitor all areas to ensure compliance with law, regulations, policies and procedures.
- The Casino is 24hrs 7 days a week operation and may be required to work any or all shifts.
- Must understand and comply with departmental internal control regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- All applicants must be 21 years of age.
- Prefer a person with knowledge of all casino and bingo games and methods of cheating.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a smoking environment.
- Ability to read, speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to operate a hand-held radio.
- Must be certifiable through the Arizona Department of Gaming /Tribal Gaming Office.
- Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment on-going random drug-testing.
- Good physical health.
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for 12 hours.
Education and/or Experience
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer a person with experience in a law enforcement position or with law enforcement schooling.
Great Fringe Benefits !!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program,
401K Plan with Employer Match, Ancillary Benefits (AFLAC, VTL)
NATIVE AMERICAN AND CURRENT EMPLOYEE EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE POLICIES ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL POSITIONS. MUST BE ABLE TO PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT AND ON-GOING RANDOM DRUG/ALCOHOL TESTS.
The opening and closings of these positions are subject to change upon the need of each department. For more information please contact Cocopah Human Resources at 928-627-2102.
Click Here To Submit A Job Application