Technical Customer Service Specialist - June 6th Start Date!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Associate Device Support Specialist (Troubleshooting/Technical Customer Service Specialist)
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear make a difference in people’s lives and support our customers, we are recruiting for an Associate Device Support Specialist in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, and in order to comply with new requirements for contractors of the Federal Government, all US-based employees of Cochlear Americas are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodations.
In the first 90 days in this role, you will learn the skills needed to assist in navigating multifaceted, complex, troubleshooting scenarios. You will demonstrate the ability to utilize Cochlear’s systems to process and document warranty exchanges on products through service orders, all while demonstrating a high degree of empathy, sensitivity, and perseverance. You will utilize multiple programs and systems across dual monitors while answering questions over the phone. This role consistently uses critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities to ensure complex customer inquiries are resolved effectively.
- Location: Lone Tree, CO at our Americas Head Office
- Comprehensive training classes, including classroom and hands-on instruction.
- Schedule: This full-time position requires flexibility to work an eight-hour shift between 6:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday. In order to best serve our customers, occasional overtime may be required, including Saturday mornings from 8:00am-12:00pm.
- Provide world class experience to our implant recipients or an individual on behalf of a recipient by providing responsive and complete service through telephone interactions
- Anticipating customer’s product and service needs, as well as handle and document complaints regarding external equipment and customer concerns
- Possess in‐depth product knowledge for all Cochlear Implant and Baha Implant product lines and Cochlear accessories, including wireless components, remote assistants, made for iPhone, Android, and smart apps
- Utilize product knowledge to address customer inquiries and provide troubleshooting guidance or advice with external equipment issues and Cochlear’s integrated systems
- Maintain a working knowledge of Cochlear’s in and out of warranty policies to accurately identify and provide options for customers when placing orders
- Ensure proper customer registration, documentation, and order processing is completed in a timely manner
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- 1-2 years prior customer service experience
- Positive phone demeanor and proven ability to interact effectively with customers, colleagues, and the hearing impaired with a variety of communication styles
- Interact effectively with customers and colleagues and defuse and resolve difficult customer service issues in a timely, effective manner.
- Technical skills and understanding in order to assist our recipients with troubleshooting products
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position and utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and work from home.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits:
Target Salary Rate for this position: $20.83/hour - $21.38/hour as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
More about Cochlear
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings! Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.
and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in
Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in
the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60%
share of the global market, employs more than 3,800 people worldwide, operates directly in
over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 585,000
implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
Cochlear AmericasWhy Work Here?
Change people’s lives and LOVE what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. And be heard.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,800 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 585,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
10350 Park Meadows Drive Lone TreeDenver, CO