Healthcare Customer Service Representative - Start Date January 23rd!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Healthcare Customer Service Specialist (Associate Customer Order Insurance Specialist)
- Applicants must reside in Denver Metro Area to be considered
- Phone-based role answering inbound calls from recipients
- Hours of operation are 6:00am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturday availability as needed
- Offers in-person training period
- Opportunity for a hybrid work environment once training is completed and approved by manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear make a difference in people’s lives and support our customers, we are recruiting for an Associate Customer Order Insurance Specialist in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
To be successful in this role you will be able to provide a world class customer experience to recipients, patients, clinicians, consumers, caregivers and/or family members of recipients. This role requires an appropriate sense of urgency in answering their questions and resolving any service issues. The Associate Customer Order Insurance Specialist will provide responsive and complete service to Cochlear’s customers through inbound and outbound call interactions. You will demonstrate a high degree of integrity, empathy, sensitivity, and patience for the hearing impaired along with respect for member’s privacy in responding to customer inquiries.
- Assist customers in determining insurance eligibility and coverage based on unique plans
- Anticipating customer's product and service needs, assisting in navigating insurance process, placing orders, and collecting/processing payment on entered orders
- Possess in depth knowledge of insurance process, including deductibles, coinsurance, out‐of‐pocket max, one‐time agreements, and in‐network vs out of network coverage
- Work cross‐functionally with key internal partners including Supply Chain, Reimbursement Operations, and Billing & Collections
- Utilize multiple programs and systems across dual monitors while answering questions over the phone
- Provide world class customer experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- 1-2 years prior customer service experience
- Positive phone demeanor and proven ability to interact effectively with customers, colleagues, and the hearing impaired with a variety of communication styles
- Interact effectively with customers and colleagues and defuse and resolve difficult customer service issues in a timely, effective manner.
Following the in-person training period, this role offers a hybrid work environment. In order to effectively service our customers remotely, Cochlear requires remote workers to have fast internet connection speeds. A connection speed of 50-100 Mbps is ideal. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Salary and Benefits
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Salary range: $20.83/hr - $21.38/hr, as well as annual bonus opportunity of 5% base salary. Compensation offered to candidate may vary based on work experience, education and/or skill level.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required when you begin employment.
Who are we?
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position and utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures, and processes to customers (whether internal or external).
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings!
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.
and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in
Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in
the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60%
share of the global market, employs more than 3,800 people worldwide, operates directly in
over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 585,000
implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
10350 Park Meadows Drive Lone TreeDenver, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Cochlear Americas
Get fresh Customer Service Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.