Sales Specialist - Class A $65,000.00 Plus Incentives
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Jackson, WY
- Expired: August 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a part of the Sales Team, the Sales Specialist is the primary Coca-Cola contact with the customer and is responsible for the customer relationships. The Sales Specialist is responsible for developing and managing accounts within a designated territory with the primary goal of maximizing sales and growing volume of Coca-Cola and allied brands to customers through developing and maintaining strong customer relationships and ensuring superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents CCBCHC as a professional salesperson to all assigned accounts and prospective customers.
- Execute and close all sales calls for assigned geographic sales route.
- In connection with a sales call, maintain appropriate inventory levels, maintain company assets and point of sale, ensure account meets CCBCHC merchandising standards, determine customer product needs, place and transmit appropriate order in conjunction with existing geographic sales routes.
- Incumbents are responsible for meeting or exceeding sales goals and achieving marketing and merchandising objectives in all assigned territories.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with all accounts by presenting authorized decision makers with factual sales data and periodic business reviews and by prospecting for new business.
- Communicate account activities to appropriate parties within CCBCHC.
- Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for account.
- Responsible for working with and communicating with the merchandisers servicing their area to ensure satisfactory customer service is achieved.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
- Perform required vehicle checks.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- Prompt follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required. 4-year college degree preferred. Additional sales training or education desired.
- 1-3 years previous sales experience. Food and beverage industry experience preferred.
- Ability to learn Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn Margin Minder (or comparable program) and compile information that will assist selling teams.
- Above-average math skills and ability to figure profits, margins, retails, and financials are critical.
- Class A CDL preferred. May be required in some locations.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent prioritizing & decision-making skills are required. Must display strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management and route sales personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple customer accounts.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to create and conduct sales presentations preferred.
- Valid driver's license and a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Ability to obtain a Class A CDL.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
- Delegation – Ability to delegate work, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day-to-day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
- Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, uses equipment, and materials property.
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
- New Hire Orientation
- Company's Inter-Active Safety Training and other safety training as required
- Annual Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Training
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Work in an office and trade environment; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods; may utilize a computer terminal for prolonged periods.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or seminars.
- Must be available to work some weekends and some holidays.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing, if applicable, and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company
BusinessView all jobs at Coca-Cola Bottling Company