Accounting Specialist - $17 - $18
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Rapid City, SD
- Posted: September 18, 2021
As a part of the Business Support Services team, the Accounting Specialist will perform and assist in payables and bookkeeping functions for the Company and provide general administrative support to the Business Support Services team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in processing payables invoices, including data entry, sorting, copying, scanning, and coding of invoices.
- Assist in other accounting functions such as data entry and posting of general ledger and cash transactions.
- Update monthly verification report of reoccurring invoices to ensure all are received and posted each month.
- Assist in other administrative tasks such as tracking information in Excel Spreadsheets.
- Prepare Full Service commission checks and process corresponding commission statements for customers.
- Assist customers with full service commission questions and research.
- Handle Accounts Payable calls and inquiries.
- Assist in coding invoices
- Assist in review of invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals and process invoices into computer system.
- Assist in timely processing of accounts payable including preparation of and submittal for signature and filing of annual property tax reports.
- Prepare and submit unclaimed property reports.
- Perform weekly check run.
- Process product invoices for payment in inventory system.
- Prepare monthly vendor statement to invoice reconciliation.
- Verify Sales/Use Tax calculations on payable invoices.
- Review cash transactions entered into the system by the Accounting Clerks including checks, ACH, credit cards, wires, withdrawals and other cash items.
- Be aware of AP coding when reconciling monthly accounts and performing financial month-end process.
- Assist in financial statement review prior to publishing to ensure all expenses are accounted for correctly.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for the organization.
- Provide general support for other positions in the Business Support Services Department.
- Communicate with co-workers, management and other in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Work with all levels of company employees as a team striving to achieve common goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 year Accounting Degree required.
- One to three years accounting or administrative support experience in an office environment preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 10-key proficient.
- Typing and data entry experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to plan and carry out job tasks independently.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and solid judgment and handle confidential information.
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt efficiently to change.
- Effectively interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
- Reliability – Demonstrate reliability & dependability through regular attendance, availability to staff and management, and prompt and consistent follow-through.
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Organization – Must be detail oriented and able to multi task.
- Confidentiality – Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the Company.
- Work in an office environment; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; may utilize a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing using hands to handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing equipment in operation.
- Typical hours of position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Overtime may be required on occasion.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing, if applicable, and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company
AddressRapid City, SD
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Coca-Cola Bottling Company