- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP, a dynamic, mid-sized Firm located in the heart of San Francisco's financial district, is seeking a Facilities Manager. This individual will manage the Facilities Department to ensure that operational functions and appropriate physical facilities are adequate to support and promote client services and the practice of law within the Firm. In coordination with the CEO, the Facilities Manager will oversee Real Estate and Lease activity for the Firm and ensure best possible use and allocation of all available space. They will be responsible for the development and leadership of the Firm’s Business Continuity Plan and act as the lead manager for responding to building-related emergencies. The Facilities Manager will also participate in initiatives related to law firm sustainability and the promotion of environmental sustainability within the Firm.
The Facilities Manager reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Facilities personnel, processes, and resources through exceptional leadership; provide “big picture” vision for the department while also serving as a mentor to further develop the skills and knowledge of the staff; oversee decisions regarding staffing, performance appraisals, training and development, salary adjustments and other related personnel activities.
- Oversee the Firm's outsourced facility management relationship with regard to the copy center functions, mail, and reception duties.
- Responsible for administering the conference room and visitor office online reservation system.
- Responsible for cost-effective, client-focused facilities services through the selection, appointment, and management of external suppliers.
- Responsible for conducting orientation to the facilities team and facilities services for all newcomers to the Firm.
- Collaborate with the CEO for research, analysis, negotiation, and management of tenant leases, subleases, renewals, and options for all office locations.
- Responsible for supporting and coordinating all major construction, renovation, expansion, and consolidation projects; direct and coordinate the RFP process, design schematic, and phase management, budget development and oversight; manage space planning, utilization, and relocation.
- Develop guidelines for premises management and conduct overall space planning. Establish protocols for space utilization and efficiency for the Firm; conduct ongoing needs assessment by soliciting headcount and growth information to determine space needs for future planning.
- Take responsibility for ensuring physical security of the Firm’s offices.
- Establish and maintain purchasing standards for office supplies, furniture, and equipment; negotiate vendor agreements and contracts; authorize payment of invoices, contracts, and maintenance agreements; manage office appearance and maintenance.
- Coordinate with various members of the Firm the development, coordination, and implementation of both internal and external events.
- Collaborate with the Management Team and functional area departments to coordinate a thorough, dynamic, and well-structured disaster and business contingency plan to facilitate multi-site personnel and building safety; assume responsibility for Firm's Emergency Response Team; provide leadership support for a 24/7 emergency facilities program.
- Expertise in the technical and environmental aspects of facilities operations; develop, implement, and maintain Firm policy on environmental health and sustainability in conjunction with ISO, LEED, and Energy Star guidelines; act as a liaison for the Firm with regard to the Firm’s membership in the Law Firm Sustainability Network.
- Manage critical functions and required improvements to the operation of the Firm’s recycling program and energy utilization practices that may lead to environmental opportunities; ensure coordination and consistency with other organizational policies.
- Oversee and administer operating and capital budgets; monitor and control expenditures to meet established annual budget and the potential impact that revenues and expenditures have on future budgets.
Please note this is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job, but rather to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge and Abilities Required
Intermediate level of ability with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or certification in Facilities Management desired.
- 10+ years of related operations and facilities management, including tenant improvements, space allocation, and project management; procurement processes, contract negotiation, and vendor management; event planning and guest services; building maintenance and operations; safety, security, and disaster recovery.
Normal office environment and, as needed, the ability to work from home.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit for long periods of time, come and go from the workspace repeatedly throughout the day, use a computer and phone, talk, listen, read and understand documents, and move and lift up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass, LLP is a top-tier law firm with deep roots in San Francisco and the surrounding communities, representing institutional and individual clients in real estate, litigation, technology, communications, securities, employment, nonprofit and estate planning. Please visit our website www.coblentzlaw.com for more information about the Firm.
Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass, LLP values skill and diversity and strives to foster a progressive, energetic work environment. We provide a platform for growth and development and the ability to see the impact of your contributions firsthand. The Firm offers competitive pay, a generous benefits and wellness package, and paid vacation.
Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Coblentz Patch Duffy & 38 Bass LLP
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Get fresh Assistant Facilities jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.