Position: Program Scheduler, Senior
Location: Client Site - College Park, GA (full-time remote work is NOT an option)
This position will provide experienced program scheduling support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 8-15+ years of relevant experience in a planning, program management, program analysis, and process improvement role.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from this position if the work is similar, related, and/or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and controlling integrated master schedules (IMSs) using Primavera client and Milestones Professional.
- Assist in developing Work Breakdown Structure and establish schedule hierarchy ensuring vertical and horizontal schedule integration and traceability.
- Identify, document and incorporate internal project and external programmatic interdependencies among activities into the IMS.
- Document and control changes and revisions to the IMS.
- Obtain project status information and input data into the IMS on no less than a monthly basis.
- Identify, monitor, and status project control milestones in Milestones Professional.
- Routinely monitor the integrity of the IMS utilizing schedule health check software and compliance with the DCMA 14-point assessment criteria.
- Develop IMS and estimate, analyze, and validate activity sequencing, duration and resource requirements.
- Coordinate probabilistic schedule risk analyses, interpret results, develop an out brief report to the project management team to include recommendations if needed.
- Assist in the development of what-if scenarios and work around and recovery plans as required.
- Prepare presentation charts and reports and participate in project reviews.
- Interface with project resource analysts to ensure correlation of schedules with the budget and program operating plan.
- Conduct critical path analyses of project schedules and identify the primary, secondary and tertiary critical paths to the project management team.
- Identify schedule risks and the potential impact to the project's objectives.
- Review and provide schedule input to contractor SOWs and CDRLs.
- Monitor contractor schedules, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the Schedule Management Plan, SOW, and CDRLs.
- Support the review and analysis of contractor monthly earned value reporting.
- Data Conversion of MSP and Excel to Primavera P6 projects.
- Experience using Primavera EPPM 16.1 or greater is required.
- Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company
Bachelor’s degree required.
Master’s degree is a plus and may count as additional years of experience
- Demonstrated basic understanding of Primavera EPPM 16.1 or recommended but not necessary
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated experience in following processes and procedures and working with others during project planning efforts.
- Strong analytical, computer, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in project schedule analysis software, such as Steelray Project Analyzer is desired.
- Experience with, or understanding of, at least one Earned Value Management engine (such as Deltek Cobra) is desired.
- Understanding all relevant GAO-16-89G, Schedule Assessment Guide: Best Practices for Project Schedules
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company