Due Diligence/Document Analyst
- Expired: August 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Coates is recruiting qualified candidate for due diligence/document analyst project in Tulsa. Qualified candidates will review ROW files from a recent acquisition. This position requires candidates to work from the client's office in Tulsa. No per diem is available.
Overview of Duties:
- Reviews title information and checks accuracy of legal descriptions against maps
- Understands ROW records and percentage of ownership under easement
- Review documents in an electronic environment
- Experience with building a divestiture schedule is a plus
- Analyzes legal documents to assure that all have been properly executed and notarized
- Examines right of way files (containing easements, deeds, legal descriptions, permits, agreements, contracts, other documents and correspondence relating to the property) in order to determine issues such as multiple line rights, assignability/abandonment clauses, lease terms, restrictions
- Analyzes documents in order to prepare database reports involving ownership information, status of acquisition processes, instructions to field crews, history of contacts between Right of Way Agents and landowners, payments made, damage settlements, property values and other pertinent data
- Identifies problems with title information and refers these to appropriate client representative and/or legal counsel
- Reviews, interprets, selects documents and supervises scanning for permanent storage of right of way records
- Enter data into client's Quorum document management system
Specialized knowledge/education required:
- Knowledge of land and right of way acquisition processes and documentation
- Intermediate to advance computer literacy, comfortable operating in a digital documents environment
- Knowledge of proper legal document execution practices, such as what signatures are required for trusts, conservatorships, guardianships, estates, etc.
- Knowledge of due diligence review of right of way files and understanding of assignability and reversionary clauses, restrictions, fractional ownerships, lease payments and terms, abandonment clauses
- Ability to plot metes and bounds descriptions of property and read a variety of maps, electronic and paper
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and Project or similar software programs in order to generate a variety of project reports in response to specific and varied queries
- Previous experience with Quorum a plus
Document Analysts typically are attorneys, paralegals, college graduates with degrees in business, communications or related fields, landmen or former right of way and land professionals employed by pipeline, power or communication companies, engineering firms or government agencies specializing in land development. They also have additional training in database and land management software systems and applicable courses provided by the International Right of Way Association. Document Analysts must be confident in making decisions based on their combined knowledge and education.
Coates is an EOE. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Coates Field Service, Inc. has a 72-year history providing comprehensive land acquisition and right of way services to municipalities, utilities, energy providers, and oil and gas companies nationwide.
Benefits offered. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Coates is an EOE.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileDesired salary* Earliest start date?* In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye! 150 References: Please enter names and contact information:* Do you have experience with Quorum?* Yes No Are you willing to work on site?* Yes No Submit Application
Coates Field Service
BusinessView all jobs at Coates Field Service