The RN is responsible for providing quality patient care in all areas of the surgery center including pre-op, post-op, intra-op, and pain management. He/She is directly accountable to the surgery center manager/clinical director.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One-year nursing experience in an accredited hospital or health care facility.
- Surgery experience required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Current CPR certification
AMERICAN DISABILITIES ACT
- Essential Duties : All starred items are essential duties of this position.
- Physical Requirements : The employee must possess physical capabilities at least in an amount equal to the physical demands made by the job:
- Medium work: lifting 50-lbs. Maximum with moderate lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10-lbs.
- The ability to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
Working Conditions : This individual spends 95% of his/her time inside an air-conditioned work area. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and with explosives and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- General Education Development : This position requires reasoning, mathematical, and language skills at the levels listed below.
- Reasoning: 4 (High School, plus some college or technical training)
- Mathematics: 4 (High School, plus some college or technical training)
- Language 4 (High School, plus some college or technical training)
- Hazards :
- No unusual hazard risks
- Exposure to various chemical agents typically used in the office setting
- Conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and on the job injuries.
- Personal Protective Equipment : Category 1- Position may occasionally require the use of gloves.
- Standard Vocational Preparation : This is a same-skilled position requiring over one and up to two years to acquire the knowledge and skills which could be obtained through vocational education, past work experience, or on the job training.