Pharmacy Technician II
The Company: Coastal Medical is Rhode Island's largest physician owned and governed medical group, whose primary goal is to offer patients better health and better care with minimal cost. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal employs over 600 professionals in a variety of roles.
- Coastal Medical offers competitive wages and values work/life balance.
- Our comprehensive benefit package includes health & dental benefits, a free $10,000 life insurance policy, earned time, paid holidays and 401K match.
- Employee input is essential to our operations. All employees are encouraged to join and participate in committees, trainings and workgroups.
The Position: We are currently in search of a Pharmacy Technician. The Pharmacy Tech's main responsibility includes assisting the Coastal Medical practice locations in completing patient refill requests and medication prior authorizations.
- This is an hourly, full time position with a schedule of 40 weekly hours, Monday through Friday with a required Saturday rotation (once every 6 to 8 weeks).
- This position is located at our Corporate Office in Providence, RI.
- Employee parking is provided.
- Completes refill requests in a timely and accurate manner according to protocols
- Prepares prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers and patients
- Researches, resolves and documents prior authorization outcomes in the patient's record
- Communicates prior authorization outcomes to physicians, physician's office staff, patients and/or pharmacists
- Escalates prior authorization requests to the appropriate pharmacist when the request requires extensive clinical review
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Rhode Island Pharmacy Tech II license
- National Certified Pharmacy Technician certification
- At least one year of prior Pharmacy Technician experience
Why You Should Apply:
- We operate in a collaborative environment and strongly encourage and promote employee growth and development. All employees are entitled to an annual professional development budget of $2000.
- Coastal offers a wide range of training opportunities including our own Leadership Academies as well as other well-known programs such as Crucial Conversations and Clifton Strengths.
Check out what's happening at Coastal!
Coastal Medical Imaging Employee Recognized for "Going the Extra Mile"
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse Mentions Coastal Medical as Example of Innovative Health Care Model
Job Posted by ApplicantPro