Medical Secretary - Pediatrics
- Expired: July 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical Secretary (Pediatrics)
The Company: A member of the Lifespan health system, Coastal Medical is Rhode Island's largest physician governed medical group, whose primary goal is to offer patients better health and better care with minimal cost to patients. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal employs over 600 professionals in a variety of roles.
- Coastal Medical offers competitive wages and values work/life balance.
- Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental & vision benefits, a free life insurance policy, earned time, paid holidays and 401K match.
- Employee input is essential to our operations. All employees are encouraged to join and participate in committees, trainings and workgroups.
- Per the Rhode Island Department of Health, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive their influenza vaccination prior to starting.
The Position: We are currently in search of Medical Secretary for our Ball Hill Pediatrics office. The Medical Secretary's main responsibility includes providing high-quality patient care, while exhibiting strong customer service skills to our patients and visitors.
- This is an hourly, full time position with a schedule of 40 weekly hours.
- This position is located at our Bald Hill Pediatrics office located in Warwick, RI.
- This position may require holiday and weekend rotation.
- Employee parking is provided.
- Responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out from their appointment and coordinating specialist appointments for patients
- Collects patient balances, copays, and credit cards at time of service
- Reviews lists of patients who need appointments and calls to schedule when due
- Verifies demographics and insurance carrier information for every patient
- Assists patients with Kiosk sign in
- Complies with OSHA and DOH standards
- Schedules, coordinates, and tracks STAT patient referrals and pre-authorizations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a Medical Secretary or previous training in Office Administration
- At least one year of prior experience as a Medical Secretary/Receptionist
- Experience working with pediatrics highly preferred
- Familiarity using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Why You Should Apply:
- We operate in a collaborative environment and strongly encourage and promote employee growth and development.
- Coastal offers a wide range of training opportunities including our own Leadership Academies as well as other well-known programs such as Crucial Conversations and Clifton Strengths.
Check out what's happening at Coastal!
Coastal Medical Imaging Employee Recognized for "Going the Extra Mile"
Coastal Medical Joins Lifespan
AddressEast Greenwich, RI
HealthcareView all jobs at Coastal Medical