The Marketing Manager will coordinate and develop marketing and advertising policies, programs, and campaigns to drive brand knowledge and product awareness as we expand our retail operations and launch new products. This position will be navigating the complex legalities and regulations of the cannabis industry to develop creative advertising and marketing solutions with an energetic, detail- oriented and creative approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Directs and implements the organization’s advertising and promotional activities.
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop marketing and advertising growth plans.
- Works with store management on physical marketing in store
- Forecasts, drafts, implements, and oversees the department’s operating budget.
- Gathers and analyzes information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Analyzes marketing spend and its translation to sales
- Collaborates on brand building in product lines
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the cannabis market; identifies needs for new products and services and makes recommendations to leadership
- Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities, events or trade shows.
- Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
- Oversee social media team
- Help develop collateral (flyers, brochures, displays).
- Oversee branding and design team
- Assist in keeping company blog website updated
- Maintains knowledge on emerging products and services.
- Retail Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote, display, and sell products and services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in a related field.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.