Structural Project Engineer - Hybrid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Position is Hybrid. Our office is located in Sandwich, MA We offer a very competitive benefits + Compensation package!
Our Structural Engineering Division has an immediate opening for a self-motivated Project Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, as you provide engineering and technical support to the Project Managers in our division.
As a Project Engineer, your responsibilities will involve performing a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with structural engineering projects obtained by the company. Duties would include, but not limited, to the following:
- Structural engineering analysis and design of building and other structures utilizing a combination of hand calculations and software programs.
- Preparation of engineering CADD drawings utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Revit to produce structural drawings to include plans, elevations, sections, details, and notes as required for complete project submission.
- Assist in the preparation of project specifications.
- Support construction contract administration services including site inspections, engineering field work, and field reports.
- Preparation of structural evaluation reports and feasibility studies for existing structures.
- Assist with building code review and code compliance evaluation of existing structures and facilities.
- Meetings with architects, contractors, clients, and other agents as appropriate for project services.
- Assisting project managers in preparation of project deliverables.
- Positively contribute to company culture and participate in ongoing learning and training opportunities.
- Other duties as appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering (MS Preferred).
- Engineering In Training Certification (or Professional Engineer Certification).
- Knowledge of building codes and structural materials of construction (concrete, masonry, wood, steel, etc.).
- Proficiency with computer-aided design software (AutoDesk AutoCAD and Revit preferred).
- Proficiency in finite element structural software such as RISA and Tekla TEDDS.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to meet technical reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate and develop working relationships with staff, clients, and other professionals.
- A motived team player with a positive attitude looking to grow and further their career.
- Valid driver’s license
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Approximately 80% of work is performed in an office setting and approximately 20% performing field work including occasional heavy lifting, climbing, etc. as necessary for structural inspections.
The company offers a competitive compensation package that includes a transparent bonus program, health, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401k with employer contribution, a generous holiday and paid time off package, and growth opportunities as we continue to scale.
Coastal Engineering Company, Inc. is committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace and is an EO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.
Coastal Engineering Company, Inc. participates in the E-Verify employment authorization program.
Coastal Engineering Co., Inc.
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Hybrid Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.