Back Up Coordinator
Coastal Clinical Research Mobile, AL
- Posted: 23 days ago
The role of the back up coordinator is to perform a wide variety of clinical and administrative tasks to assist the clinical research coordinator in conducting clinical trials. The back-up coordinator is accountable for completing defined job responsibilities that contribute to the success of each study and supports the ability to bulk enroll during clinic through direct and indirect responsibilities.
To consistently embody AMR’s Core Values:· Excellence and Consistency· Collaborative Innovation· Respect for our Subjects, Sponsors and Team Members· Community· Unimpeachable Ethics
- Obtains detailed knowledge of each assigned study responsibility through review of study information, Site Initiation Visit (SIV), vendor manuals, study contacts, and when possible, Investigator Meetings.
- Educates subjects on how to operate the diary, and instructs on specifics as to how, when, and where to enter information. Oversees compliance by checking diary portals daily (if applicable) and follows-up with subjects to obtain further details or re-education on missed entries. Provides at-home bulleted instructions along with Sponsor-provided instructions.
- Schedules daily text reminder for study compliance.
- Acts as the main point of contact for diary technical issues.
- Provides home instructions for diaries, restricted medications, and study requirements.
- Requires the ability to continue the flow of subject visits while the coordinator is with a patient or a doctor. The back-up coordinator will act as a team player in clinic by performing any applicable procedures necessary to ensure each visit is efficient and allows for maximum patients seen during the designated time of each investigator. Example of other procedures include but are not limited to vitals, ECG, triage, non-qualifying questionnaires.
- Vendor start-up training and correspondence.
- Upload images when applicable.
- Liaison between the sponsors and vendors.
- Schedule vendor appointments.
- Retrieves imaging reports when possible.
- Responsible for resolution of queries.
- Follows ALCOA standards in all documentation.
- Inventory/reorder study supplies.
- Weekly Filing
- Provides documents for remote monitoring.
- Assembles new screening charts and randomization charts.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· A least 6 months of past medical office experience, medical certificate, or equivalent previous work experience required. · Ability to work consistently and effectively as part of a high-performance work team.· Ability to effectively devote keen and acute attention to detail. · Demonstrated ability to exercise standard Universal Precautions, or ability to quickly learn and apply Universal Precautions. · Positive attitude and the ability and desire to work in a company that embraces collaboration and a team approach. · Demonstrated ability to operate basic office equipment including (but not limited to) copy machines, facsimile machine and computers. · Strong verbal and interpersonal skills · Professional and highly motivated “self-starter” with the ability to exercise initiative, together with ability to work as a team player as well as independently while managing a variety of skills in a variety of software environments, i.e. Word, Excel, Internet.· Excellent task management and prioritization skills.· Proven ability to successfully build and cultivate excellent long-term relationships · Excellent follow up
Alliance of Multispecialty Research does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
** This job description is intended to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities of the staff holding this position. The staff may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Coastal Clinical Research
HealthcareView all jobs at Coastal Clinical Research