Coastal Chemical Co., LLC is looking for a self-motivated technical sales engineer to provide sales of specialty process chemicals, adsorbents, and technical solutions to the Refinery, Petrochemical Plants and Gas Plants located in the Great Houston, TX geographic area.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a commercial and technical understanding of products being offered to the identified customer base and sell these products and technical services / solutions to these customers.
- Develop relationships at all pertinent levels of the accounts (engineering, procurement, maintenance, management, etc.) while utilizing the technical and product knowledge resources Coastal Chemical provides.
- Manage the territory with effective and timely sales calls, email follow up, joint technical service calls and product presentations to current and potential customers. Provide sale call follow ups through contact management system and customer activity reports.
- Grow territory sales by development of new customers and expansion of current customer product requirements.
- Prepare and submit proposals and price quotations to customers along with any other product information requested with input and guidance from technical support and product management.
- Respond in a timely manner to all customer inquiries, complaints and supply chain questions.
- Effectively communicate with key suppliers and product managers to provide best sales solutions to customer. Effective communication at all levels within the organization is imperative to assure adequate account management.
- Assist in qualifying customers for credit lines and collections of past due payments.
- Prepare and submit written monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and profit forecasts.
- Continue to increase working knowledge in the following areas:
- Products and Applications
- Seek opportunities to entertain customers and new prospects when appropriate.
- Submit new opportunities and innovative suggestions to management.
- Represent company in a responsible manner at industry and trade functions.
- Provide trends and market information to management and customers.
- Promote Brenntag quality and strength to customers and prospects.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability and understanding to develop a working knowledge of territory assigned, products to be sold, and capabilities of company to service customers.
- Ability to develop knowledge of suite of products offered by Coastal Chemical including technical aspects/advantages of these products;
- Chemicals for the following refinery units: Sulfur Recovery Units, HF Alky Units, Isom/Butamer/Penex Units, Reformer Units, Aromatic Extraction/Sulfolane Units, Hydrotreaters & Hydrocrackers.
- Purification Adsorbents & Catalysts
- Ability to be active within assigned territory calling on all appropriate levels within each account.
- Ability to work hours assigned by Supervisor which may include overnight stay. Hours generally will be greater than 40 hours per week. Normally, office time will be 15-20% of the workweek and balance will be travel and field sales calls with related company meetings.
- Specific knowledge or experience working within refineries and petrochemical plants at a process engineer level or similar would be a plus.
- Graduate of an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and/or Business Administration. Chemical Engineering degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in chemical/industrial sales. A sales focus within refineries and petrochemical plants would be preferred.