The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the monthly financial reporting process, preparation of schedules, journal entries, account reconciliations and preparation of various sales tax / other informational returns.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracking / maintenance of the Sage fixed asset system. Preparation of schedules and monitoring of costs for special projects.
- Preparation of sales tax returns and other informational returns within mandated deadlines.
- Assist with administrative management / maintenance of accounting system and software as assigned.
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger reconciliations, ensuring proper documentation to support account balances. Actively participate in other relevant month end close activities upon request.
- Making regular contributions to team efforts, in addition to individual responsibilities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in accounting
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Should be familiar with General Ledger accounting and financial statement preparation
- Someone who takes initiative (self-motivated) and is detail and deadline-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel (Pivot tables/V-Look Ups, etc) is essential
- Experience with Sage Fixed Asset system preferred
Oil and gas industry experience.