The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of products as assigned. They are required to work closely with company facility personnel, product managers, transportation coordinators, and suppliers to ensure proper inventory levels are met and products are delivered efficiently while maintaining measured KPI's. We require an analytical and outgoing individual who is interested in learning chemical distribution focused on the oil and gas industry.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Review and issue purchase orders to suppliers
· Work with facilities to maintain optimum stocking levels based on inventory turns, stratification, and profit margin
· Analyze inventory to reduce slow inventory and/or return to vendors
· Process direct shipment purchase orders for customer invoicing
· Maintain accurate product data and cost information in vendor and product master file(s) to ensure data accuracy from time of purchase to invoicing
· Adjust shipment schedules as needed to meet delivery requirements
· Negotiate pricing with suppliers and qualify any new potential products along with appropriate personnel
· Conduct analysis of current supply chain processes to make suggestions to management for improvement
· Back-up other buyers as needed
· Run and distribute miscellaneous reports on a monthly or as needed basis
· Ability to travel for work-related projects as needed
· Demonstrate ability to work independently, use initiative, follow through, and complete tasks without oversight
· Demonstrate ability to work in a team setting
· Strong communication skills enabling effective collaboration and building relationships with all levels of employees and third parties
· Special projects and other duties as assigned
· Education – Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution, Business, or related field. Two or more years’ experience in a professional purchasing or inventory management role.
· Strong attention to detail, with emphasis on quality control and maintaining confidentiality.
· Computer Skills – Advanced user of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to multi-task – Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
· Communication skills – Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms. Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Uses presence and command skills to influence without authority and partner with a diverse group of associates.
· Organizational ability – Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order. Able to work independently when required or professionally with other personnel to get job tasks performed.
· Professionalism - Perform duties in an efficient manner, while maintaining a positive relationship with management and peers; professional interaction with internal and external customers.